Honda Odyssey Forum banner

461 - 480 of 504 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
In same boat on deciding whether to wait or not. Personally, I don't think we will be needing to drive a lot in near future and economy will take a while to get back to normal. But the incentive for loyalty plus costco gift card plus 0.9% is tempting. Although if I am willing to wait a few more months, we may have clearance prices on 2020 models but I wonder if prices will fall more. Tough to tell.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Joined Mar 16, 2018
68 Posts
Discussion Starter • #1 8 mo ago
New model year, new thread, new spreadsheet tab!

2020/2019/2018 Odyssey Prices Paid

Please copy/paste and fill out the following details:
2020 Ody
Trim: EX-L (no extras)
Price Paid (base + destination): $34,000 (MSRP with Dest was $39,055)
Price Paid (out of the door): $35,839.18 (sales tax $1623.93, tire tax $16.25, Doc fee $199)
I hade a trade in, Got $11 grand on 2012 buick enclave, blue book trade was $10 to $12 grand at the high range...thats why the 7% sales tax is cancelled out a little on that final price.
Add-ons (if any):none
Exterior Color:platinum White
Interior Color: Ivory
Date Purchased: 4/29/2020
City: Indianapolis
State: Indiana

I initially bought a Warranty not knowing much about them for $2900 from the dealer that was after getting him down from $3600. This was a 3rd party warranty 100k 10 year bumper to bumper with lifetime on the engine. I am now cancelling that and I think I'll buy the Honda Care for $1360 8 year 120k.

I didnt even use Costco but then printed it out last minute so the dealer could get their costco rewards numbers up, so I'm waiting for my $500 costco card.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In same boat on deciding whether to wait or not. Personally, I don't think we will be needing to drive a lot in near future and economy will take a while to get back to normal. But the incentive for loyalty plus costco gift card plus 0.9% is tempting. Although if I am willing to wait a few more months, we may have clearance prices on 2020 models but I wonder if prices will fall more. Tough to tell.
I think waiting would be a good idea, i only pulled the trigger because used car prices are going way down and I wanted to get my trade in before the market gets really bad for them (also my engine was making some crazy noises for a few days and I wanted to off my car before all hell broke loose.) I think you'll need an 800 for that .9%...not sure exactly but thats what I heard. I got approved with an 805.

·
Registered
66 Posts
So I'm not sure if this is true or not, but one of the dealers I was working with, when pressed, said that they would not go below dealer invoice on 2020's until all of the 2019's were gone.

So basically, its a great time to get a 2019 and a terrible time to get a 2020, unless of course you don't want the 9 speed transmission in which case you are limited to Touring and Elite.
You won't get the 10 speed AT with 2019's though. Unless you go Touring.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you feel that the incentives and rate offer will be carried over for next month? I would prefer to wait just a bit but at same time I don’t want to miss out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you feel that the incentives and rate offer will be carried over for next month? I would prefer to wait just a bit but at same time I don’t want to miss out.
I'm not sure there's any way to know that. You'd think that with 2021 models about ~4 months away, 25 million new unemployed in the last month, and large drops in automobile sales that the longer you wait, the stronger your negotiation power will be.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think waiting would be a good idea, i only pulled the trigger because used car prices are going way down and I wanted to get my trade in before the market gets really bad for them (also my engine was making some crazy noises for a few days and I wanted to off my car before all hell broke loose.) I think you'll need an 800 for that .9%...not sure exactly but thats what I heard. I got approved with an 805.
My dealer told me they can get people the lowest rates through Honda with a 660 score and/or 1 year of on time payments with Honda financial.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trim: Touring
Price Paid (base + destination): 38262.26
Price Paid (out of the door): 40483
Add-ons (if any): Wheel locks, door/mud guards, nitro
Exterior Color: Modern Steel
Interior Color: Grey
Date Purchased: Apr 23, 2020
City: Bethesda
State: MD

Also, after final pricing, they kicked in $500 on the down payment via Honda's veteran discount and a few days later reached out to see if I was eligible for the $500 Costco rebate ... I was, so expecting that in the mail soon in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought a new EX-L with zero down, 0.9% APR for 60mo and no payment for first 90 days. Getting delivered to my home next week. Getting the $500 costco shop card in the mail in a few weeks hopefully as well. That's not included in the prices below. SC caps their sales tax at $500 which helps the OTD price
Trim: EX-L
Price Paid (base + destination): $33,380
Price Paid (out of the door): $35,424 ((MVSP $39055, $5175 discount with conquest discount included, $500 first responder rebate, $630 roof rack and cross bars, $165 mats, $230 visors, $399 closing fee, $500 IMF, $90 new tags)
Add-ons (if any): Wheel locks, trunk tray, mud flaps, roof rack and cross bars, mats, window visors
Exterior Color: Obsidian Blue
Interior Color: Grey
Date Purchased: Apr 30, 2020
City: Sumpter
State: SC

·
Registered
32 Posts
April 23. $32,600 for a 2018 Forest Mist Elite with 22000 miles; $2000 trade-in for 2010 Gray EX-L with 179500 miles.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Today, May 2
2020 EX-L (Forest Mist)
Van Price: $34,860

Accessories (installation included):
cargo tray 102.60
black roof rails 417.60
cross bars 198.00
3500 lbs hitch 527.85
wiring harness 224.10

Additionally there was $1k loyalty cash which is not reflected in the price above. I don't think anyone should include it in the sales price as that's an after-tax discount.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Today, May 2
2020 EX-L (Forest Mist)
Van Price: $34,860

Accessories (installation included):
cargo tray 102.60
black roof rails 417.60
cross bars 198.00
3500 lbs hitch 527.85
wiring harness 224.10

Additionally there was $1k loyalty cash which is not reflected in the price above. I don't think anyone should include it in the sales price as that's an after-tax discount.
That looks like a pretty good price. Where are u located?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking for an EX in NJ. Can't seem to get anyone down below 32,000. Usually rightbaround 35k OTD. And that includes a 1,000 conquest rebate. Any suggestions? I would be willing to drive to neighboring states

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looking for an EX in NJ. Can't seem to get anyone down below 32,000. Usually rightbaround 35k OTD. And that includes a 1,000 conquest rebate. Any suggestions? I would be willing to drive to neighboring states
I paid $31,426 (plus $699 doc fee) back in January. That was before the loyalty rebate was available, so target that number or better before factoring in the rebate. I live in NC.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got a quote from Long Beach Honda in Southern California for 2020 EX trim at $29500 + TTL (Loyalty / Conquest rebate included) , plus $500 Costco card later. Do you think it's a good deal? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got a quote from Long Beach Honda in Southern California for 2020 EX trim at $29500 + TTL (Loyalty / Conquest rebate included) , plus $500 Costco card later. Do you think it's a good deal? Thanks!!!
$6000 off MSRP? If they don’t pull any stunts, I’d jump all over that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had an interesting few days shopping for an EX-L w/ RES and NAV in So. Cal. I have 3 quotes right around $38,500 OTD, factoring in the loyalty discount. Looks like $35,400 is a good target for base + destination on this trim. With the Costco gift card, really tempting to pull the trigger on this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had an interesting few days shopping for an EX-L w/ RES and NAV in So. Cal. I have 3 quotes right around $38,500 OTD, factoring in the loyalty discount. Looks like $35,400 is a good target for base + destination on this trim. With the Costco gift card, really tempting to pull the trigger on this.
I got a decent price on an ex but I think they are going to pull something last minute. Waiting it out might be the right play. Dealers might have more leverage than people think right now. If they got deferral on their floor plan loans and got PPP loans they dont have to sell immediately. Plus honda plants are shutdown so there is no new inventory coming to them. It's an interesting time for sure. I really dont need to pull the trigger until September so I might take my chances and hold out. Buying cars is one of the worst parts of being an adult. If only Amazon sold cars with prime shipping.

461 - 480 of 504 Posts