Honda Odyssey Forum banner

481 - 500 of 504 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ended up with an EX-L that I got a great price on. Thanks for all those who shared their experience and the price paid.. was super helpful in sticking to a number till someone was willing to meet it.

Trim: EX-L
Price Paid (base + destination): $32,880
Price Paid (out of the door): $36,000
Add-ons (if any): None
Exterior Color: Blue
Interior Color: Gray
Date Purchased: 5/9/2020
City: Vista
State: CA

The only discount that was factored in was the loyalty discount. Plus, the Costco gift card in a few weeks sweetens the deal.

For some context.. the car I traded in was a 2018 Ody EX-L w/ RES and NAV. I got that car for my wife in May '17, it was the first car off the dealer's lot. Base price at the time was a full 10k more and I had no room to negotiate! Feel like the scales are slightly evened out now. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ended up with an EX-L that I got a great price on. Thanks for all those who shared their experience and the price paid.. was super helpful in sticking to a number till someone was willing to meet it.

Price Paid (base + destination): $32,880
Price Paid (out of the door): $36,000
Date Purchased: 5/9/2020
City: Vista

The only discount that was factored in was the loyalty discount. Plus, the Costco gift card in a few weeks sweetens the deal.

For some context.. the car I traded in was a 2018 Ody EX-L w/ RES and NAV. I got that car for my wife in May '17, it was the first car off the dealer's lot. Base price at the time was a full 10k more and I had no room to negotiate! Feel like the scales are slightly evened out now. :)
what dealer did you get it from? I've been talking to several dealers and they aren't budging much. would love to find one ready to make a deal! Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
what dealer did you get it from? I've been talking to several dealers and they aren't budging much. would love to find one ready to make a deal! Thanks
@Gizmo7 I found quite a few. The most motivated were Hardin (Anaheim) and Norm Reeves Vista, where I got the car (Norm Reeves Cerritos was completely unhelpful). Others that came close were OC Honda World (Westminster) and Pacific Honda (San Diego).

·
Registered
3 Posts
@Gizmo7 I found quite a few. The most motivated were Hardin (Anaheim) and Norm Reeves Vista, where I got the car (Norm Reeves Cerritos was completely unhelpful). Others that came close were OC Honda World (Westminster) and Pacific Honda (San Diego).
Thanks! Interesting you mentioned Hardin as they didn't offer me anything. I felt like they wanted me to go do the work at other dealers and they would match or beat any offer. I'll try them again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks! Interesting you mentioned Hardin as they didn't offer me anything. I felt like they wanted me to go do the work at other dealers and they would match or beat any offer. I'll try them again.
Hardin offered me 30800 + TTL for EX trim or 29800 + TTL after Conquest / Loytalty rebate, note that they are not Costco partner so no $500 Costco card

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all New 2020 Odyssey owner here from Socal, As of yesterday Finance rate for Odyssey is 0.9% for 60months...
Trim: EX
Price Paid (base + destination): 30,650
Price Paid (out of the door): 33,5XX
Exterior Color: Platinum White Pearl
Interior Color: Beige
Date Purchased: 04/07/2020
City: Anaheim
State: California
Wow good deal. Do you mind telling the dealership and salesperson?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Trim: EX
Price Paid (base): $28,950
Price Paid (out of the door): $30,079.39
Exterior Color: Modern Steel
Date Purchased: 5/13/2020
City: Dulles

Sales Manager realized too late that they forgot to add the freight charge. Had already negotiated $500 off the sale price because they botched the deal on the color we originally wanted. Also received Active Military and College Graduate discount (total $1000 incentive)

All in all it sure felt like a good deal. Couldn’t wait any longer to buy, as we needed a van and the promotional APR was solid. Couldn’t negotiate the $799 price fee out, but we walked out happy. Lower out-the-door than the used 2018 EX-L from CarMax with 26k miles we were considering!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all. We got a great price on a 2020 EXL Nav Res and were all set to purchase but when we test drove it home it literally would not fit through my garage door width-wise (my 2014 just barely makes it and has had some mishaps but this one will not go through without folding the mirror and even then it’s still super tight.)

So, we are very sadly out of the market. Not sure what will will do next - maybe look at the new Highlander or Sienna when they come out. I don’t love the look of the Pilot. The Odyssey is beautiful in and out and to say I’m disappointed is an understatement. I wanted to share the price though. I contacted every dealer in northern Virginia/Maryland near DC and this way the best deal by far. Several other dealers told me I was lying or confused when I asked if they wanted to beat this deal, or simply ignored me. This is simply the internet price I was quoted - not a result of aggressive negotiation. That said, I didn’t get the impression there was much, if any, further wiggle room at this time - they know it’s a good price.

Trim: 2020 EX-L NAV RES
Sales price (base + dest) : 35,400
Price Paid (out of the door): 37,795
Add-ons (if any): none
Exterior Color: Could have any
Interior Color: Any
Date Purchased: did not purchase but this happened Nov 2019
State: VA
Can you please share the dealer info and quotes if possible. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Trim: 2020 EX-L NAV RES
Sales price (base + dest) : 34,700 (Only with Loyalty Incentive)
Price Paid (out of the door): $38,625
Add-ons (if any): none
Exterior Color: White
Interior Color: Mocha
Date Purchased: May 17, 2020

$500 Costco GC seals the deal!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi folks, it’s really nice to have this thread that we can share the price we pay. I have been talking to dealers from Jul 2019 till now. Recently, Lots of youtubers are saying car price has gone down/ will go down. But Based my experience, the price hasn’t gone down too much due to the covid 19, by now. I got 33600 OTD 31500 sales price for EXL last year Jul ( didn’t buy due to transmission concern). The quote I currently have are all about 36000 OTD or 34500 sales price. so the best time hasn’t come yet!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also, I think the 0.9% is attractive but not as good as price drop or direct incentives. It just save you 1000 over 5 years. Buying cheap with higher interest is better, financially, than buying pricy with low interest when it comes to resale.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Price Paid (base + destination): $34,188 (no rebates)
Price Paid (out of the door): $37,500
Exterior Color: Silver
Date Purchased: 5/17/2020

·
Registered
3 Posts
Price Paid (base + destination): $34,235 (No eligible rebates)
Price Paid (out of the door): $37,459
Exterior Color: Lunar Silver
Date Purchased: 5/14/2020
City: Cerritos

·
Registered
1 Posts
Price Paid (base + destination): not sure (No eligible rebates)
Price Paid (out of the door): $38,750
Add-ons (if any): wheel locks, Zurich Guard interior and exterior, clear edge protectors on doors and black molding around wheel wells.
Date Purchased: 5/16/2020
City: Kirkland
State: WA

I got a pretty aggressive price from AutoNation Honda in Spokane Valley and used that to leverage Kirkland down. West Hills in Bremerton was also willing to deal, but they bottomed out at $39250 (albeit with more accessories). There's pent up demand from the lock down and manufacturing delays, so I don't think dealers are all that worried yet. Tax in Kirkland is 10% so I'll see about $1000 back after federal tax deduction, I think.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trim: 2020 EX-L
Sales price (base + dest) : 35,0XX
Price Paid (out of the door): $37,9XX
Add-ons: Black roof rails and crossbars, installed.
Exterior Color: White
Date Purchased: May 21, 2020

Healthcare worker $500 down payment incentive used because my wife is a saint😇!

$500 Costco GC is on its way so I didn't deduct it from the figures above.

My 2005 Ody with 130k didn't qualify for the loyalty discount😟, but we were able to get the .9% financing🤑.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Price Paid (base + destination): $34,000
Price Paid (out of the door): $38,000
Exterior Color: Silver
Date Purchased: May/12/2020
State: TX. DFW

We were drawn in by .9% financing. Apparently other dealers in the area are offering 0.0%, 74 months for a new vehicle, but none of them were Honda dealerships.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

We finally upgraded from our 2007 LX to a 2020 EX-L. I’ve been lurking on this forum for many years and finally made an account.
2020 EX-L
Price plus destination: $34,100 (I do not qualify for any incentives) Should be getting the $500 Costco card eventually

Loving the blue paint on the one! Wife is overwhelmed by how different the new one is to our stripped down LX we came from.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm located in Tennessee. Is this price to high

I'm a wheelchair user plans on buying a Honda touring elite either
( Modern steel or Metallic Forest)

It will be converted by braunability to make it wheelchair accessible.

I included the quote in the picture.

1. 49,814 is the work sheet price
2. $30,000 down (cash)

They didn't even try to negotiate The price or give me a break .

Want me to finance 25k

I'm new to purchasing does that make that $55000+ out the door

481 - 500 of 504 Posts