Price Paid (out of the door): 46,750
Add-ons (if any): mud guard, all wx mats, trunk tray, nitrogen tires
Exterior Color: white
Interior Color: mocha
Date Purchased: 3/14/20
City: Cumming
State: Ga

There's a $1000 loyalty offer if anyone in your household own a Honda 2010+

My advice is to ditch that dealer. Email first to all Honda dealer in your area asking for a drive out/out the door price on an Elite trim.

You are looking at 42-44k max for the Elite, including tax. Don't pay more. Use the extra money for wheel chair ramp

Good luck sir!

I'm located in Tennessee. Is this price to high

I'm a wheelchair user plans on buying a Honda touring elite either
( Modern steel or Metallic Forest)

It will be converted by braunability to make it wheelchair accessible.

I included the quote in the picture.

1. 49,814 is the work sheet price
2. $30,000 down (cash)

They didn't even try to negotiate The price or give me a break .

Want me to finance 25k

I'm new to purchasing does that make that $55000+ out the door

View attachment 155476

·
Registered
3 Posts
I appreciate your insight so much Sir, I certainly will be ditching this local dealer. The next biggest cities are Memphis and Nashville I'm smack dab in the middle. I thought that pricing a bit high especially trying to put that much money down. (30k)

But the research provided on this Odyssey forum has been excellent.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I appreciate your insight so much Sir, I certainly will be ditching this local dealer. The next biggest cities are Memphis and Nashville I'm smack dab in the middle. I thought that pricing a bit high especially trying to put that much money down. (30k)

But the research provided on this Odyssey forum has been excellent.
I work in south TX with only 1 dealer in the city, the price was 3k more than what I have from Houston.
I emailed 9 dealers in Houston during the quarantine, within one day pretty much got the final drive out price. I called the lady to confirm the price, color, options.., came to pick it up the next day and spent a total of 45 minutes in dealership.

Many dealers are willing to deliver the car to your door. A year ago I bought a used QX80 in San Antonio, everything was done through email and phone call. The lady drove 3hr to Houston to deliver the car and carry all the docs for me to sign.

Keep in mind the money down doesn't matter much for price negotiation, you don't need to tell them. You should be able to qualify for the .9% APR, keep that cash for investment!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Trim: Elite
MSRP: 48,540
Price Paid (base + destination): 40,990
Price Paid (out of the door): 41,189 (base + 199 doc fee)
Add-ons (if any): none
Exterior Color: Obsidian Blue
Interior Color: Gray
Date Purchased: 5/19/2020
City: St. Louis
State: MO

I was fortunate enough to get 1k off for Honda loyalty (09 Civic) and the 500 cash card (not factored into OTD price). Doing .9% for 60 - couldn't pass this deal up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Year: 2020
Trim: EX
Price Paid: $30,961 (No rebates)
Doc fees $599
DMV: $401
Tire Fee: $7.50
Taxes: $2,071
Price Paid (out of the door): $34,059
Add-ons (if any): None
Exterior Color: Black
Interior Color: Mocha
Date Purchased: 5/29/20
City: Paramus
State: NJ

Also got $500 COSTCO cash card coming.

Recommendation: go to a high volume dealership. Place I went sells 700 new cars and 300 used cars a month. They are willing to sell for less because they get kickbacks from Honda for volume.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Year: 2020
Trim: EX
Price Paid (base + destination): 30336
Price Paid (out of the door): 30895
Add-ons (if any): didn’t get told we had it and would have said no if it cost anything, but crystal fusion and nitrogen apparently is on there anyways. Only reason we know is we got warranty information so I asked a day after the fact and they said it was included. Declined every single extra the finance manager wanted to add. Salesperson was great though.
Exterior Color: white
Interior Color: beige
Date Purchased: 28May20
City: Virginia Beach
State: VA

Florida resident so had a tax exemption. Basically had two different dealerships bidding after an initial search on USAA. Kept offering 500 dollars lower at a time and then showed the opposite dealer who went lower still. Only rebate not available was Honda loyalty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The information on prices paid on this forum was invaluable, so i thought I should add our information for another data point. Thanks all.
We also got the $500 down payment assistance for healthcare workers and should receive the $500 Costco card
Trim: EX-L
Price Paid (base + destination): $34,362.00
Price Paid (out of the door): $37252.53
Exterior Color: White
Interior Color: Beige
Date Purchased: 5-28-2020
City: Baxter
State: MN

·
Registered
1 Posts
MSRP: 48,540
Price Paid (base + destination): 40,990
Price Paid (out of the door): 41,189 (base + 199 doc fee)
Exterior Color: Obsidian Blue
Date Purchased: 5/19/2020
City: St. Louis
State: MO

I was fortunate enough to get 1k off for Honda loyalty (09 Civic) and the 500 cash card (not factored into OTD price). Doing .9% for 60 - couldn't pass this deal up.
Wow. I cannot get dealers in Charlotte near that price. They claim they are losing money at that number and i have spoken to a few. Any advice or knowledge? Is this a demo?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow. I cannot get dealers in Charlotte near that price. They claim they are losing money at that number and i have spoken to a few. Any advice or knowledge? Is this a demo?
Nope, only had 40 miles on it when I picked it up. I found a thread on reddit/r/askcarsales where someone got an 19 elite for 41,7k at Joliet Honda near Chicago and used that as a starting point with folks in the STL area. I had one dealer offer me 40990 on a 19 elite they had in stock and sent that to another dealer who offered me the 2020 in the color I wanted fo the same price. They all started in the range of 43,8 before I sent them that other offer. That does include the 1k honda loyalty rebate though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Price Paid (base + destination): 33786? (including 1k Honda loyalty)
Price Paid (out of the door):37350
Add-ons (if any):Rear floor mat and clear coat door edge guards. (these added like 1k but the base price was ~1k lower than places not offering these.) These are included in base price above.
Exterior Color: BLK
Interior Color:Mocha
Date Purchased:5/30/2020
City:North of LA
State:CA

I did not worry the Add-On vs base price as I was negotiating OTD. I found it a waste of time to do otherwise.
This included the 1k Honda Loyalty.
I had a couple other dealers willing to do 37-37.2k OTD, but these guys were a couple hours closer to me.
I emailed a bunch of places trying to get 36k OTD but no bites.
It was very helpful to have emailed quotes for 37k OTD.
Also got the $500 costco shop card.

Thanks for this thread, I found it very helpful.

We liked the Mocha interior better in person than the online photos.

One other tip I found that what dealers had on the front lot / online did not match up all the time. So you have to ask to know for sure if they have a color in stock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Trim: EX-L with Nav/Rear Entertainment
Price Paid (base + destination): $33,369.44 (including 1k Honda loyalty)
Price Paid (out of the door): $35,702.61
Add-ons (if any): Wheel Locks
Exterior Color: Luna Silver
Date Purchased: 6-1-2020
City: Germantown
State: MD

Also getting $500 Costco card

·
Registered
9 Posts
Trim: EX-L with Nav/Rear Entertainment
Price Paid (base + destination): $33,369.44 (including 1k Honda loyalty)
Price Paid (out of the door): $35,702.61
Add-ons (if any): Wheel Locks
Exterior Color: Luna Silver
Date Purchased: 6-1-2020
City: Germantown
State: MD

Also getting $500 Costco card
Great deal... I paid $35K (base+destination) in upstate NY including the 1k. What's this $500 Costco card I keep seeing?

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Price Paid (out of the door): $38,193
Exterior Color: Blue
Interior Color: Grey
Date Purchased: 5-26-2020
City: Cerritos
State:CA

Does not include $500 Costco Giftcard. They were adamant about the price. There was someone earlier who had posted about getting it for $37,500 OTD from the same dealer two weeks before I purchased mine, but I couldn't secure that price and didn't want to wait.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nope, only had 40 miles on it when I picked it up. I found a thread on reddit/r/askcarsales where someone got an 19 elite for 41,7k at Joliet Honda near Chicago and used that as a starting point with folks in the STL area. I had one dealer offer me 40990 on a 19 elite they had in stock and sent that to another dealer who offered me the 2020 in the color I wanted fo the same price. They all started in the range of 43,8 before I sent them that other offer. That does include the 1k honda loyalty rebate though.
I'm trying to get a 2020 Odyssey Elite in DFW area currently and several dealers have the Modern Steel in the gray interior, so I'm trying to see which can give me the best deal. So far i'm down to around $46k out the door, but I'm trying to get one of them to go under $45k out the door. We'll see if one of them is interested. That 41.7k price is really good. Don't think I'll be able to get anywhere close to that, but also your taxes look a lot lower than ours. TTL in DFW is around 2.7k on this purchase.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I haven't seen anyone list an LX model so I wanted to add that into the mix.

Trim: LX
MSRP: 31,785
Price Paid (base + destination): $27,474
Price Paid (out of the door): $28984
Add-ons (if any): 2k of dealer add ons
Exterior Color: Silver
Date Purchased: 5-20-2020
City: Dallas
State: TX

This doesn't include the Costco gift card. The price was very aggressive for an LX model well below invoice.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I haven't seen anyone list an LX model so I wanted to add that into the mix.

Trim: LX
MSRP: 31,785
Price Paid (base + destination): $27,474
Price Paid (out of the door): $28984
Add-ons (if any): 2k of dealer add ons
Exterior Color: Silver
Date Purchased: 5-20-2020
City: Dallas
State: TX

This doesn't include the Costco gift card. The price was very aggressive for an LX model well below invoice.
That's a really good deal. Which dealership? I'm in Dallas too and went to Lute Riley for what turned out be an average price but .9% financing which sealed it for us.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's a really good deal. Which dealership? I'm in Dallas too and went to Lute Riley for what turned out be an average price but .9% financing which sealed it for us.
This was at John Eagle. They only had two LX’s on their lot. I will say it did take some effort to get to this price. It also includes the .9 precent financing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm trying to get a 2020 Odyssey Elite in DFW area currently and several dealers have the Modern Steel in the gray interior, so I'm trying to see which can give me the best deal. So far i'm down to around $46k out the door, but I'm trying to get one of them to go under $45k out the door. We'll see if one of them is interested. That 41.7k price is really good. Don't think I'll be able to get anywhere close to that, but also your taxes look a lot lower than ours. TTL in DFW is around 2.7k on this purchase.
B18 I think you can get pretty close to your goal, I picked up our Ody yesterday. They have 57 in inventory(5 or 6 Elite)
Price Paid (base + destination): 42,500
Price Paid (out of the door):45,487.28
Exterior Color: Modern Steel
Date Purchased: 6/11/20
City: Richardson
State:TX

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello. I am trying to decide between:

1) New 2020 Ex-l w/RES and Nav - $37,000

2) Used 2018 Elite with 33,762 miles - $33,000

The used car is not CPO. In fact, it is being sold by a Ford dealer, not a Honda dealer. For this reason, I will probably get Honda Care for around an additional $1k.

The Elite features are not really important to me. All I really care about is 10 speed transmission and DVD/NAV, which both vehicles have.

On the surface the 2018 seems like the better deal - even with the Honda Care add on - but I have read some bad stories here about the 2018 models. I also don’t love the interior color (Mocha) of the 2018 but I could probably learn to live with it. Thx.

EDIT: Well we tested the EX-L today and it wouldn’t fit in the garage with the mirrors extended. Now looking at the Elite because of the power folding mirrors- 2018 preowned for $32k and new for about $43k.

501 - 520 of 550 Posts