City: Buena Park
State: CA

·
Registered
8 Posts
#521 16 h ago
Trim: EX-L
MSRP: $38,060
Price Paid (out of the door): $37,700 (before trade-in)
Add-ons (if any): None (dealer threw in weather mats and I asked for 1st year oil change/rotation free + wheel locks
Exterior Color: Platinum White
Interior Color: Mocha
Date Purchased: 06/13/2020
City:
State:TN

(I will be getting a $500 Costco card after the dealer registers my Costco membership info in their AHM system to confirm purchase)

·
Registered
5 Posts
In the market for an Elite and see 3 dealers still have new 2018s on their lots (New England). Anyone know why that may be?
The prices they are quoting are more than some dealers have quoted on a 2020 (maybe that's why they still have it?).

What are everyone's thoughts on a realistic price for a 2018? I was thinking 37,500 is fair given the depreciation hit i'd take for a 2018 and 40,000 for a 2019.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Costco discount is the way to go!

2020 Elite
MSRP: 48,415
Final Sales Price: 41,380 (Costco price was 42,380 minus $1k Honda owner incentive)

All of this, plus we get a $500 Costco cash card in a few weeks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Year: 2020
Trim: Elite
Price Paid (base + destination/add-ons): 42,696 + 720.00= 43,416
Price Paid (out of the door+ 100k b2b Zurich): 49,304.72
Add-ons (if any): mud flaps, rails and cross bars (since when does a top trim vehicle not have luggage rails!)
Exterior Color: white
Interior Color: mocha
Date Purchased: 6/18/20
City: McMurray
State: Pa
Side note: If considering a trade-give carvana a go to appraise your car- 2013 Pilot Touring with 46k on clock = 19k in my pocket!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trim: EX
Price Paid (base + destination): $33,562
Price Paid (out of the door): $37,000
Add-ons (if any):Cila Jet. Wheel Locks. Mud Guards. Clear Edge Guards
Exterior Color: Pacific Pewter
Date Purchased: 6/19/20
City: Simi Valley

·
Registered
1 Posts
New 2020 EX
$31,250 + TTL (Out the door for approx $33,500)

Had a “dealer” package that installed (mud flaps, locking nuts and some other stuff I can’t remember, but included in the price paid).

Burleson, Texas

·
Registered
1 Posts
06/20 in the Atlanta market - 2020 Elite, color - Platinum White - Mud guards, Roof Rails, full WeatherTech (front and rear) Mats, full tank of gas and 1 free Mobil One oil change (5 miles on car)
purchase price $42,896.47
Sales tax $2828.13
$500 Costco card on the way
$1360 for Honda Care Extended Factory Warranty - 8 years, 120,000 mile (Plan D82)
100% financed at .090, 60 months
My 2012 was totaled and I was in a bit of a rush. I think you can do a little better around the Atlanta area. The issue I had was finding this vehicle in the white color which historically has better resale value.

·
Registered
5 Posts
MSRP: $48,415
Purchase Price: 42,389
Add-ons (if any): Roof Rails and Crossbars 692
Rebate: $500
Price Paid (out of the door): $45,974
Exterior Color: Pewter
Date Purchased: 06/24/2020
City: Grafton
State: MA

0.9% for 60 months and a $500 Costco Giftcard!

·
Registered
19 Posts
The Costco discount is the way to go!

2020 Elite
MSRP: 48,415
Final Sales Price: 41,380 (Costco price was 42,380 minus $1k Honda owner incentive)

All of this, plus we get a $500 Costco cash card in a few weeks.
What state are you in? What is your OTD price?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Purchase Price (incl. fees) Price: $42,631
Price Paid (out of the door, including taxes and fees): $44,400 (includes 4 free oil changes)
Exterior Color: Black
Interior Color: Gray
Date Purchased: 06/25/2020
City: Arlington
State: VA

·
Registered
1 Posts
(First Time Poster: This site was super helpful!)

Trim: EX-L Navi/Res
Purchase Price (incl. fees) Price: $34,186
Price Paid (out of the door, including taxes, titling/registration and fees): $36,598 - They threw in a free oil change/unlimited vehicle inspections
Exterior Color: Scarlett
Interior Color: Beige
Date Purchased: 06/26/2020
City: Arlington
State: VA

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trim: 2020 Touring
Price Paid (base + destination): $40,248.00
Price Paid (out of the door): $41,886.69
Add-ons (if any): NONE
Exterior Color: Deep Scarlet Red
Interior Color: Beige
Date Purchased: 6/27/2020
City: Waukesha
State: WI
OTD price includes $1000 Loyalty cash back
Honda Care: 8yr/100K for $1215.00

Probably the worst buying experience I have had at a Honda Dealer. I knew there would be a sales pitch to buy extras, but the guy swapped out the Honda Care paperwork for the local dealer warranty(Fidelity) and then told me it was Honda Care. I caught him. They really practice this stuff, he looked at me and said "What is Honda Care?". Really?! But it gets better, his boss came over to apologize and we started over again. And he DID THE SAME THING! Swapped out the local dealer warranty for Honda Care and looked at me and said this is Honda Care. I had to take all the paper work and start walking out before they apologized a second time and finally provided the Honda Care paperwork.

·
Registered
5 Posts
For those who grabbed the $500 Costco gift card how long did it take you to receive the email from Costco verifying the dealer submitted it?

Signed the paperwork for the car on Wednesday and forgot to provide the certificate so i emailed it and txted it to the sales rep. He said he’d process it. When i picked up the car on Friday he said his boss was out and would process it on Monday. still haven’t received an email but just want to manage my expectations.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Trim: Touring
Price Paid (base + destination): 39455
Price Paid (out of the door): 43785
Add-ons (if any): None
Exterior Color: White
Date Purchased: 6/14/2020
City: Palo Alto

·
Registered
1 Posts
Price Paid (base + destination): 31,196
Price Paid (out of the door): 34,077 (veteran discount 1k, honda loyalty 1k)
Exterior Color: Modern Steel
Interior Color: gray
Date Purchased: 6/29/2020
City:
State: MD

·
Registered
1 Posts
Price Paid (base + destination): 42,000
Price Paid (out of the door): 44,860
Add-ons (if any): Splash Guards
Date Purchased: 6/30/2020
City:Cleveland
State: OH

+$500 Costco Cash Card!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Price Paid (base + destination): 34,033
Price Paid (out of the door): 37,250
Add-ons (if any): Wheel Locks. They were already on the vehicle, and although I did not totally feel the need for them or want to pay for them, they are included in the base price above.
City: North Orange County

I had a couple other dealers willing to do 37,500 OTD, but of the roughly 10 local dealers I shopped, no one was willing to do the $37,250 that I received. I was trying for over a week to get to $37,000 OTD but was told without qualifying for Honda loyalty, military, or recent grad discount, I couldn't get any lower. I was also told multiple times that anything below $38,000, the dealer is already losing money on the sale. I timed my purchase for end of the month figuring dealers would be more willing to deal to meet their end of month numbers. I tried to also get floor mats or free oil changes thrown in, but the dealer said they were already losing money at $37,250 OTD.

Also have the $500 Costco shop card coming in 6-8 weeks.

Thanks for this thread and the wealth of information provided, I found it very helpful. We got 13 years out of our 2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nimbus Gray. Had $148,000 miles on it when I sold it in March to a private party. Waited for 3 months to purchase another one, because we weren't desperate and wanted to see if the prices would drop anymore due to COVID-19. Due to some summer road trips on the horizon, now was the time for us to buy.

My wife and I looked at both the Beige and the Mocha interior, but decided to go with the darker Mocha because we have 3 kids along with a Golden Retriever puppy, and reckon stains and scratches down the road may be less noticeable on the mocha.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Price Paid (base + destination): 31,196
Price Paid (out of the door): 34,077 (veteran discount 1k, honda loyalty 1k)
Interior Color: gray
City:
State: MD
which dealer?

·
Registered
4 Posts
B18 I think you can get pretty close to your goal, I picked up our Ody yesterday. They have 57 in inventory(5 or 6 Elite)
Price Paid (base + destination): 42,500
Price Paid (out of the door):45,487.28
Add-ons (if any): none
Date Purchased: 6/11/20
City: Richardson
State:TX
We ended up basically at the same price you paid. I was able to get 3 dealers in the area down to $45.5k out the door, and then it really was who I wanted to work with and who was easier to work with since all 3 dealers had the car on the lot. Also adding in the Costco card, I'll essentially be right at $45k so I'm happy.

Price Paid (base + destination): $42,393
Price Paid (out of the door):$45,500
Add-ons (if any): tint, cargo tray, wheel locks, mud guards, door edge guard, pin stripes, 1st oil change, 3 year roadside, all weather floor mats
Exterior Color: Modern Steel Metallic
Date Purchased: 6/12/20
City: Richardson
State:TX

521 - 540 of 550 Posts