Honda Odyssey Forum banner

541 - 560 of 591 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you, this was a great resource.

Trim: EX-L Navi/Res
Purchase Price (incl. fees) Price: $34,048
Price Paid (out of the door, including taxes, titling/registration and fees): $36,400 which includes a first responder discount of $1000. I also live in Maryland and paid 6% MD taxes.
Exterior Color: Metallic Steel
Interior Color: Grey
Add Ons: None
Date Purchased: 06/29/2020
City: Tyson's Corner
State: VA

I contacted 12 dealers in Maryland and Northern Virginia, played them off each other and this was the best deal I got. I did all my negotiating through email, phone, and text.

I tried to use the Costco $500 coupon when I showed up, but they said I needed to tell them that up front. Regardless, they said I would've ended up at the same amount or even higher as they would have factored that into the negotiation. I don't think the Costco website was super clear about that, but at the end of the day, I do feel confident I got a good price. A few dealers said they couldn't match the price that I had in hand, and that I should take the deal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
$36,400 OTD for an EX-L with Nav/Res seems like a smoking deal. I am in CA and that price seems low for an EX-L without the Nav/Res. I thought the Nav/Res adds at least $2,000 to the OTD price of the EX-L. . .

Maybe that's just in CA.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's weird that the dealer balked at the Costco coupon. I can't imagine that the dealer has to fork over any cash for it, so why would it factor into the price of the car. I didn't mention it to any of the dealers that we talked to until after we had already gotten to an OTD number and no one had any problem with it.

The terms and conditions on the certificate itself just says that it needs to be presented to dealer at time of sale or lease, so honestly I would try and reach out to the dealer and get them to input it. Otherwise I'd try and reach out to Costco Autos and see if you have any way to submit if the dealer refused.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Trim: EX-L
Price Paid (base + destination): 31,196
Price Paid (out of the door): 34,077 (veteran discount 1k, honda loyalty 1k)
Add-ons (if any): None
Exterior Color: Modern Steel
Interior Color: gray
Date Purchased: 6/29/2020
City
State: MD
Do you mind sharing dealership details and possibly sales person, thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Price Paid (base + destination): 34000
Price Paid (out of the door): Had a trade in
Exterior Color: Pacific Pewter
Interior Color: Mocha
Date Purchased: 7/3/2020
City: Frisco
State: TX

No other discounts. Could have done better, but did not want to make multiple trips at this time. Looked up 1 more dealer in McKinney, who would not budge from $35 k and was acting like he was giving up his newborn. Dealers don't want to negotiate on email and mostly try to bait and switch around here. Thanks to the forum was targeting anything around $34k or lower.
Costco card was a no go, apparently I got an already low price. I know it doesn't cost the dealer anything to send them a verification, but this dealer would not do it, I should have bought this up before agreeing to the OTD price. Salesman was great, but finance guy was nasty as I had enough positive equity and did not need to finance and declined all their maintenance/preventative packages that he was pushing.

·
Registered
2 Posts

No other discounts. Could have done better, but did not want to make multiple trips at this time. Looked up 1 more dealer in McKinney, who would not budge from $35 k and was acting like he was giving up his newborn. Dealers don't want to negotiate on email and mostly try to bait and switch around here. Thanks to the forum was targeting anything around $34k or lower.
Costco card was a no go, apparently I got an already low price. I know it doesn't cost the dealer anything to send them a verification, but this dealer would not do it, I should have bought this up before agreeing to the OTD price. Salesman was great, but finance guy was nasty as I had enough positive equity and did not need to finance and declined all their maintenance/preventative packages that he was pushing.
I too have been having a hard time negotiating over email with the DFW dealers. They just don't seem to be as responsive. Quick question if you don't mind. Did you qualify for the loyalty discount and was that included in the 34,000 (Base + Destination)?

·
Registered
7 Posts

I would go to the Costco verification site here:https://www.costcoauto.com/offers/incentives/redemption.aspx
And fill it out. Then follow up in a few weeks with Costco.
it costs the dealer nothing but a few minutes of time and I’m sure Costco being Costco will be able to honor it by you producing paperwork or something if the dealers won’t do their part.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too have been having a hard time negotiating over email with the DFW dealers. They just don't seem to be as responsive. Quick question if you don't mind. Did you qualify for the loyalty discount and was that included in the 34,000 (Base + Destination)?
I qualified for no other discounts. I however got some quotes registering with truecar, autonation lewisville came lowest with 33500, but it was bait, as when I pressed them they said it was with financing and may not include the options, lets talk when you are here. I used the email to negotiate with Frisco, they argued that the price may be without options, but I countered saying that if they can come close to autonation, it will save me a trip, so I wouldn't mind paying slightly more. The feeling I got is that in DFW without any other discounts most dealers will do close to 34k for a base ex-l with similar options (tint, pin stripe, cargo liner, wheel locks, all weather mats, splash guards and film protection near front door edge and handle wells) except for Mckinney. Frisco did not do nitro in tires, all weather mats and the film protection for doors and handles. I asked them to add the all weather mats and give me voucher for the film as they were busy to install, they agreed but did not seem inclined to do nitrogen, I didn't care for nitrogen in tires anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would go to the Costco verification site here:https://www.costcoauto.com/offers/incentives/redemption.aspx
And fill it out. Then follow up in a few weeks with Costco.
it costs the dealer nothing but a few minutes of time and I’m sure Costco being Costco will be able to honor it by you producing paperwork or something if the dealers won’t do their part.
Yes thats what I ended up doing :) will follow up with Costco later, thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I qualified for no other discounts. I however got some quotes registering with truecar, autonation lewisville came lowest with 33500, but it was bait, as when I pressed them they said it was with financing and may not include the options, lets talk when you are here. I used the email to negotiate with Frisco, they argued that the price may be without options, but I countered saying that if they can come close to autonation, it will save me a trip, so I wouldn't mind paying slightly more. The feeling I got is that in DFW without any other discounts most dealers will do close to 34k for a base ex-l with similar options (tint, cargo liner, wheel locks, all weather mats, splash guards and film protection near front door edge and handle wells) except for Mckinney. Frisco did not do nitro in tires, all weather mats and the film protection for doors and handles. I asked them to add the all weather mats and give me voucher for the film as they were busy to install, they agreed but did not seem inclined to do nitrogen, I didn't care for nitrogen in tires anyway.
Thanks. I had the exact same bait and switch experience with Lewisville. Congrats and enjoy the new car. Pewter is a great color.

·
Registered
2 Posts
here are my numbers for odyssey EX-L 2020
Market value selling:$39,055.00
Sell price: 31,970 (includes Healthcare 1k discount)
out door price: $35054
Add on: Wheel lock, mud guard, cargo tray, floor mats
Color: Modern steel/Grey
Date 7/5
City
State MD

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks. I had the exact same bait and switch experience with Lewisville. Congrats and enjoy the new car. Pewter is a great color.
That's interesting. We ended up buying at Lute Riley, Lewisville was willing to undercut the other dealers by a couple hundred bucks, but everything about talking with them just seemed slimy and I felt uncomfortable moving forward with them.

Sounds like its a good thing I decided to move on without them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Trim: Elite
MSRP: $48,540
Purchase Price: 43,300
Add-ons (if any): All weather mats included in price
Rebate: $1,000 loyalty
Costco Cash card: $500
Price Paid (out of the door): $46,527
Exterior Color: White
Date Purchased:7/6/2020
City: Irvine
State: CA
+ 0.9% APR for 60 months

This thread was a great reference. This is our 2nd Odyssey coming from a 2012 Elite, with a 2017 Audi Q7 in between that my wife did not like.... she wanted the Odyssey back (and so did my two boys!)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you, this was a great resource.

Trim: EX-L Navi/Res
Purchase Price (incl. fees) Price: $34,048
Price Paid (out of the door, including taxes, titling/registration and fees): $36,400 which includes a first responder discount of $1000. I also live in Maryland and paid 6% MD taxes.
Exterior Color: Metallic Steel
Interior Color: Grey
Add Ons: None
Date Purchased: 06/29/2020
City: Tyson's Corner
State: VA

I contacted 12 dealers in Maryland and Northern Virginia, played them off each other and this was the best deal I got. I did all my negotiating through email, phone, and text.

I tried to use the Costco $500 coupon when I showed up, but they said I needed to tell them that up front. Regardless, they said I would've ended up at the same amount or even higher as they would have factored that into the negotiation. I don't think the Costco website was super clear about that, but at the end of the day, I do feel confident I got a good price. A few dealers said they couldn't match the price that I had in hand, and that I should take the deal.
Thanks for this info, I was able to get your price at Tyson's corner, none of the NJ dealers were playing ball. They did honor the Costco coupon too. I suggest you reach out to them again and ask for honoring.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bought a new EX-L in Fredericksburg, VA.
MSRP 39,180
DISC. 7,314 (inc. $1,000 loyalty)
Adj Price 31,866
Doc Fee 799
SC sales tax 500
Title/tag 135
OTD price $33,300
Costco GC 500
Total cost $32,800
Luna Silver w/Mocha

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new here and this is what I paid this past weekend.

Trim: Touring
MSRP: $46,055
Price Paid (base + destination): $39,605
Price Paid (out of the door): $42,805
Add-ons (if any): None, only what the dealer put on already, which is "exterior paint protection"
Exterior Color: White
Date Purchased: 7/3/20
City: Coon Rapids
State: MN

I'm not a fan of what dealers are currently doing to make money, which is to force exterior paint protection on me when I'm not interested. I went to 3 different dealerships and they all have them. Only bought from the current dealership because they were the closest and were willing to negotiate with me, plus the lifetime power-train warranty doesn't hurt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I have been lurking for some time and doing the online price compare. I had a very transparent dealer in Richmond VA give me a price for an EX-L of 33,027 @.9% (base + destination) at the end of May. I assumed if I waited it would only get better. Just reached out again and he said based on demand, price is now 35,159 (not sure what financing is available at this time). This doesn't seem to align with other deals I am still seeing. What are other's thoughts that are holding out? Is that a dealer specific issue or is there a supply challenge in general? Thanks....

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is a great price- I am 4 hours away, but I just reached out to see if they'll play ball.
Also try Ourisman in Tyson's Corner and Nation's in Dullas as they were all within $500. I purchased on June 26th. Not sure when the loyalty discount expires. The Costco $500 expired on July 6th. Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bought a new EX-L in Fredericksburg, VA.
MSRP 39,180
DISC. 7,314 (inc. $1,000 loyalty)
Adj Price 31,866
Doc Fee 799
SC sales tax 500
Title/tag 135
OTD price $33,300
Costco GC 500
Total cost $32,800
Luna Silver w/Mocha
Hey, how was your sales tax so low?

541 - 560 of 591 Posts