Honda Odyssey Forum banner

601 - 620 of 641 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trim: EX-L
Price Paid (base + destination): $33,569
Price Paid (out of the door): $36,160 (includes sales tax, title fees, registration fees, and documentary fee)
Rebates: $1,000 Honda loyalty
Incentives: 0.9 % APR
Exterior Color: Black
Interior Color: Mocha
Date Purchased: August 2020
City: Akron/Canton
State: OH

Looked at four dealerships in NEOhio and this one came through with the best price and the ext./int. colors we wanted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is it even possible for me to get a 2020 EX-L at OTD $35,000 in Orange County, CA? I've been shopping around and the lowest quote I got so far was over $37,000. Could you share information on any good dealers or salesperson near Buena Park,CA area? Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Trim: Elite
Price Paid (base + destination): $40984
Price Paid (out of the door): $43500 (including $500 for college degree)
Add-ons (if any): None
Exterior Color: Grey (Modern Steel)
Interior Color: Grey
Date Purchased:8/14/20
City: Northern
State: VA

Purchased the Elite on 8/14/20. Wasn't planning on this trim due to cost but dealer gave what I thought was a good deal. Only issue is this was the last one on the lot so no other color choices. Closest price was $1600 higher but they had other color options.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Trim: EX
Price Paid (base + destination): 29,967
Price Paid (out of the door): 32,353
Add-ons (if any): a dealer package that includes wheel locks, clear door guards and some other minor things.
Exterior Color: steel
Date Purchased: 8/5/2020
City: Matteson
State: IL

Thanks for having this data available in this thread. It helped during the shopping process. They also were able to do the warranty repairs the day before
@Skochu This is a good price. Would you mind sharing the dealer you went to? Also, did you go through Truecar or Costco? Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Trim: EXL - RESNAV
Price Paid (base + destination): $35,000
Price Paid (out of the door): $37,525.09
Add-ons (if any): na
Exterior Color: Black
Date Purchased: 8/20/2020
City: Marysville
State: Ohio

·
Registered
1 Posts
Price Paid (base + destination): $33,687.00
Price Paid (out of the door): $37,213.80
Add-ons (if any): Protection Package with wheel locks - $594
Exterior Color: Lunar Silver
Interior Color: Gray
Date Purchased: 8/21/2020
City: Temecula
State: CA

·
Registered
3 Posts
Probably like most, I don't follow any Honda pricing except for when I'm about to buy a car. Was planning on buying a new Odyssey end of September (likely 2020 EX-L) as that will be the best timing for the family. I see on Honda's website that there are currently two offers that I could take advantage of in the $1000 Honda Loyalty and the 0.9% financing. The offers state that both will expire at the end of August. My question to the group is if anyone knows the likelihood that offers such as those will be extended in to September. While I don't really want to make the switch quite yet as we won't need a minivan for a few months still, if it is going to save me $1000 and get me great financing, I will definitely consider. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Price Paid (base + destination): $32,250
Price Paid (out of the door): $29,958 (traded 2019 CRV)
Add-ons (if any): dealer package including mud guards, wheel locks, trunk tray and 1year/15,000 mile dealer road hazard warranty
Exterior Color: White
Interior Color: Beige
Date Purchased: 8/21/2020
City: Cartersville
State: GA

Worked with multiple dealers in Alabama/Georgia before purchasing here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Probably like most, I don't follow any Honda pricing except for when I'm about to buy a car. Was planning on buying a new Odyssey end of September (likely 2020 EX-L) as that will be the best timing for the family. I see on Honda's website that there are currently two offers that I could take advantage of in the $1000 Honda Loyalty and the 0.9% financing. The offers state that both will expire at the end of August. My question to the group is if anyone knows the likelihood that offers such as those will be extended in to September. While I don't really want to make the switch quite yet as we won't need a minivan for a few months still, if it is going to save me $1000 and get me great financing, I will definitely consider. Thanks for any input.
The 2020 model is becoming harder and harder to find since the 21 model is already on dealer lots. I anticipate Honda extending the current offers in order to clear out the remaining 20 models that are left; however, you might not find one by the end of September. 21 model was a refresh and so there aren’t any incentives for that year.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trim: EX-L with RES/NAVI
Price Paid (base + destination): $36,110 which includes all weather mats, mud guards, roof rack with cross bars and deep trunk liner.
Price Paid (out of the door): $39,823
Add-ons (if any): see above-mentioned
Exterior Color: Pewter Metallic
Date Purchased: 8/25/2020
City: Des Plaines
State: IL

·
Registered
1 Posts
Price Paid (base $31,164.24+ destination $1,120): $32,284.24
Price Paid (out of the door): $38,486.39
Add-ons (if any): Extended warranty 120 mos /100,000miles
Exterior Color: Luna Silver Metallic
Date Purchased: 8/22/2020
City: Northern Virginia

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the info everybody! It helps to see the numbers before settling on a price.

Trim: EXL - RES NAV
Price Paid (out of the door): $37,000.00 (before trade-in negotiated)
Add-ons (if any): weather mats & cargo tray (after trade-in negotiated)
Date Purchased: 8/2020
City: Houston
State: TX

·
Registered
1 Posts

Purchased the Elite on 8/14/20. Wasn't planning on this trim due to cost but dealer gave what I thought was a good deal. Only issue is this was the last one on the lot so no other color choices. Closest price was $1600 higher but they had other color options.
Can I just ask how you went from a base+destination price of 40984 to an out the door price of 43500... How did the price jump by over $2500? I'm trying to negotiate with a local dealer, but I think some of these responses may be including taxes. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can I just ask how you went from a base+destination price of 40984 to an out the door price of 43500... How did the price jump by over $2500? I'm trying to negotiate with a local dealer, but I think some of these responses may be including taxes. Thanks!
Yes the OTD price does reflect taxes and fees. I just noticed I mistyped the amount. The OTD was $43300. The final price ended up $43800 (with taxes, fees, etc) and then the $500 college rebate to get down to $43300. I’d have to pull the paperwork but I think the taxes were roughly $1700 (Northern Va). For negotiating purposes, I would work off the base price (plus destination) it should be the first number on top of the list. That’s how I did it. Tax rates vary so I left that out when determining the best price.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hi Would you please share the dealer details please? Appreciate it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Price Paid (base $31,164.24+ destination $1,120): $32,284.24
Price Paid (out of the door): $38,486.39
Add-ons (if any): Extended warranty 120 mos /100,000miles
Exterior Color: Luna Silver Metallic
Date Purchased: 8/22/2020
City: Northern Virginia
Can I know the dealership info? Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Price Paid: $34,494
Price Paid (out of the door): $35,660.00 (before trade-in negotiated) - Had $500 Military and $500 College Graduate Credit
Add-ons (if any): Protection Package
Exterior Color: Modern Steel Metallic
Interior Color: Gray
Date Purchased: 8/29/2020
City: El Paso
State: TX

Thanks for all of the data points and suggestions. I ended up reaching out to 5 dealers in New Mexico, 2 in El Paso Texas, 6 in Houston, and 6 (4 in Phoenix) in Arizona to compare prices. I found that Arizona was the most expensive for some reason, they had higher taxes in their OTD price. Houston was the most aggressive on price, I would highly recommend looking for dealers in that area. I was quoted at $35,200 OTD (& $35,600) on a White EX-L. I took the El Paso deal because it was a 30 minute drive from my house, plus they had the color I wanted. $400 was worth not driving 12+ hours into Texas.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you so much!

Trim: EX
Price Paid (base + destination): $30,800 destination included)
Price Paid (out of the door): $34,300
Add-ons (if any): No
Exterior Color: Pewter
Date Purchased: 7/25/2020
City: SF Bay Areas
State: CA

I got only incentive of $750 called "Factory Rebate" to reduce my total price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
any chance you would be willing share the invoice of the purchase so I can bring it to my dealership for them to match it?
thanks! :)

Trim: EX-L with Nav and RES
Purchase Price (incl. fees) Price: $34,624(includes $1,000 loyalty)
Price Paid (out of the door, including taxes, titling/registration and fees): $35,560
Add Ons: None
Date Purchased: 07/13/2020
City: Portland
State: OR
It seems I missed out on the Costco incentive last month and dealers aren’t really negotiating as much because of limited inventory in my area.

601 - 620 of 641 Posts