Honda Odyssey Forum banner

2020 Odyssey Prices Paid

242K views 683 replies 337 participants last post by  smufguy 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
New model year, new thread, new spreadsheet tab!

2022/2021/2020/2019/2018 Odyssey Prices Paid

Please copy/paste and fill out the following details:

Trim:
Price Paid (base + destination):
Price Paid (out of the door):
Add-ons (if any):
Exterior Color:
Interior Color:
Date Purchased:
City:
State:

FAQs

Q1) Why base + destination?
A1) Taxes and fees vary from city to city, and the only way to get a proper comparison is to use the pre-tax and fees cost. The destination is the same regardless of where you buy, so it's part of the core cost.

Q2) Is $X a good deal?!?!
A2) Please review the spreadsheet; the average on the summary table is a good target.

See less See more
#115 ·
Trim: EX-L
Price Paid (base + destination): 39,055
Price Paid (out of the door): 36,195
Add-ons (if any): Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Door Trim-Chrome, Nitrogen, Window Tint, Luxcare, All-Weather Floor Mats
Exterior Color:Lunar Silver
Interior Color: Mocha
Date Purchased: 11/18/19
City: Weatherford
State: TX

#127 ·
Trim: EX-L with Navi/ RES
Price Paid (base + destination): $36,577.07
Price Paid (out of the door): $ 41,039.53 (including hondacare)
Add-ons (if any): Roof Rack, Front Window tint
Exterior Color: White
Interior Color: Beige
Date Purchased: 11/9/2019
City: Atlanta
State: GA

#128 ·
How much did you pay for your Honda care? I think the finance guy moved my numbers around. I agreed to pay for up to 120K miles. However, when I checked the paperwork, that they gave me on a flash drive, I am seeing that it only goes to 80K miles. From my experience with my new Accord bought in 2008, I only started having issues after 115K miles.

#129 ·
Initially I paid $1,790 for the D80 plan (D80 is the code used by Honda).

I just got off the phone with the dealer to cancel the plan so the plan I just bought from socci (bad spelling, sorry) at $1,395 will be what is official. The $1,395 is the D82 plan - the max offered by Honda Care.

If you buy from AutoNation in Atlanta - send me a pm. I think you should easily beat what I paid by $1k

#130 ·
Initially I paid $1,790 for the D80 plan (D80 is the code used by Honda).

I just got off the phone with the dealer to cancel the plan so the plan I just bought from socci (bad spelling, sorry) at $1,395 will be what is official. The $1,395 is the D82 plan - the max offered by Honda Care.

If you buy from AutoNation in Atlanta - send me a pm. I think you should easily beat what I paid by $1k
I bought from Mall of Georgia Honda in Buford.

#132 ·
Hi Odyssey friends. It’s time to make the jump to the minivan with baby #3 on the way (3 car seats).
When getting quotes from different dealers, are you calling/emailing different ones to get their lowest prices? Or using certain websites? I have used the USAA car buying service and have a received a few offers. I’m looking to get the best advantage and want to know what has worked best for you. Thanks in advance!

Here is one quote I received on a 2020 EX-L
MSRP Breakdown Base MSRP $37,960
Factory Installed Options + $0 Freight Delivery Charge + $1,095
Total MSRP $39,055
SavingsCertified Dealer MSRP Discount - $3,512
Total Savings- $3,512
TruePrice $35,543
Dealer Fees & Accessories Dealer Documentation Preparation Charge $698
Total Dealer Fees & Accessories $698

Total After Dealer Fees & Accessories$36,241

#133 · (Edited)
Hi Odyssey friends. It’s time to make the jump to the minivan with baby #3 on the way (3 car seats).
When getting quotes from different dealers, are you calling/emailing different ones to get their lowest prices? Or using certain websites? I have used the USAA car buying service and have a received a few offers. I’m looking to get the best advantage and want to know what has worked best for you. Thanks in advance!

Here is one quote I received on a 2020 EX-L
MSRP Breakdown Base MSRP $37,960
Factory Installed Options + $0 Freight Delivery Charge + $1,095
Total MSRP $39,055
SavingsCertified Dealer MSRP Discount - $3,512
Total Savings- $3,512
TruePrice $35,543
Dealer Fees & Accessories Dealer Documentation Preparation Charge $698
Total Dealer Fees & Accessories $698

Total After Dealer Fees & Accessories$36,241
That quote would be plus tax and title, likely adding another $1500 or so. Sending PM.

#134 ·
I use the “request a quote for this car” (or similar) button under the exact car I’m looking for. I did this for every dealer I could find in the area I was willing to travel.

Out of 8 or so dealers I was quickly able to rule out a bunch due to super high pricing or obvious shadiness. Then I focused on the promising ones and started emailing with the salesmen who contacted me.

#147 ·
FYI, if anyone in Boston area, this is quote I received from Boch Honda Norwood. It seems like very good price. I have not committed yet so hoping no bait and switch but best price I found so far. Still deciding on 2019 vs 2020 model.

2020 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Stock number -200178
MSRP - $39,055

Discounted Internet Offer: $33,928

Standard Fees
Doc fee: $495
MA Sales Tax: 6.25%
Title/ MA inspection: $170

#150 ·
FYI, if anyone in Boston area, this is quote I received from Boch Honda Norwood. It seems like very good price. I have not committed yet so hoping no bait and switch but best price I found so far. Still deciding on 2019 vs 2020 model.

2020 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Stock number -200178
MSRP - $39,055

Discounted Internet Offer: $33,928

Standard Fees
Doc fee: $495
MA Sales Tax: 6.25%
Title/ MA inspection: $170
The 2020 has the 10 speed engine. From the reports in this forum it's problematic. The downside is that the 10 speed also means you have the auto-shutoff when you are stopped, which some people find annoying.

#149 ·
Trim: Elite
Price Paid (base + destination): 41,815
Price Paid (out of the door): 47,716
Add-ons (if any): Tint, Protection package, Warranty
Exterior Color: Blue
Interior Color: Gray
Date Purchased: 11/19/2019
City: Dallas, TX

#154 ·
Those of you still shopping - do you think prices will go any lower near 12/31? I admit I'm pretty frustrated right now. Even the less shady dealers still seem to try to sneak something in somehow. Its so irritating. One guy I'd been talking with all of the previous prices had included destination. Then he sent me a great looking new price - I was so excited and then when I asked for OTD he added destination on and the final price was HIGHER than a previous quote he had given me!

#160 ·
Hi Everyone!
I am new to: Honda, new car buying, and being a potential van owner. I went to a local dealership in Savannah, GA today. Below is the quote I was given for a 2020 EX. I told them I wasn't interested in a trade-in because I've heard in the past to not tell say so (my wife does desire to get rid of her 2013 Chevy Malibu). Any advice you can give me would be GREATLY appreciated. From looking at some of your deals it appears mine is maybe $2k over or more. THANK YOU ALL. THIS FORUM IS AWESOME!
MSRP: $35,785
Total Savings: $2,138
Market Value Selling Price: $33,647
Total Taxes: $2,417.80
Government Fee: $97.50
Dealer Doc: $595
Etch: $189
Gap: $895
TOTAL: $37,841.30

#161 ·
I am new to: Honda, new car buying, and being a potential van owner. I went to a local dealership in Savannah, GA today. Below is the quote I was given for a 2020 EX. I told them I wasn't interested in a trade-in because I've heard in the past to not tell say so (my wife does desire to get rid of her 2013 Chevy Malibu). Any advice you can give me would be GREATLY appreciated. From looking at some of your deals it appears mine is maybe $2k over or more. THANK YOU ALL. THIS FORUM IS AWESOME!
Take the quote and send it to other dealers in the area to find everyone's bottom dollar. While sorting out bids take your Malibu to Carmax to get a trade-in bid, these are good for a week. Once a potential winner emerges bring in your car for a trade-in evaluation and see if they'll meet the Carmax bid. Most states give you break on the sales tax of the new car by subtracting the trade-in value and you're sure to hear that from the dealer.

In the F&I chamber hold firm to no on any non-Honda Care extended warranty. You can purchase it afterwards from other dealers over the web, check other threads for links and pricing. If they're willing to match then I'd be inclined at that point but the reason the F&I guy/gal is wearing a nice watch is certainly not because they're offering a great deal.

#163 ·
Hi all. We got a great price on a 2020 EXL Nav Res and were all set to purchase but when we test drove it home it literally would not fit through my garage door width-wise (my 2014 just barely makes it and has had some mishaps but this one will not go through without folding the mirror and even then it’s still super tight.)

So, we are very sadly out of the market. Not sure what will will do next - maybe look at the new Highlander or Sienna when they come out. I don’t love the look of the Pilot. The Odyssey is beautiful in and out and to say I’m disappointed is an understatement. I wanted to share the price though. I contacted every dealer in northern Virginia/Maryland near DC and this way the best deal by far. Several other dealers told me I was lying or confused when I asked if they wanted to beat this deal, or simply ignored me. This is simply the internet price I was quoted - not a result of aggressive negotiation. That said, I didn’t get the impression there was much, if any, further wiggle room at this time - they know it’s a good price.

Trim: 2020 EX-L NAV RES
Sales price (base + dest) : 35,400
Price Paid (out of the door): 37,795
Add-ons (if any): none
Exterior Color: Could have any
Interior Color: Any
Date Purchased: did not purchase but this happened Nov 2019
State: VA

#164 ·
So, we are very sadly out of the market. Not sure what will will do next - maybe look at the new Highlander or Sienna when they come out.
I doubt the new Sienna will solve the issue. Listed dimensions for the current model are only ~3/8" narrower than the Odyssey, which only buys you 3/16" per side. A Highlander is almost 3" narrower than the Odyssey.

#166 ·
New here, just bought, used some of these data points so thought I should add mine: (Also note I used a method similar to the fighting chance method, reccommend for those not familiar.)

Trim: 2020 EX-L NAV RES
Sales price (base + dest) : $36,472
Price Paid (out of the door): $40,348 = $36,472 - $500 trade + $199 doc fee + $31 plate fee + $183 All Weather Mats + $1445 HondaCare D82 (8/120) Warranty + $2,518 Tax
Add-ons (if any): The mats really aren't a bad deal to me. Offered a bunch of BS warranties, told them I could buy the D82 online for $1345 but would pay them $1445 to have no hassle. Did it no problem, but amusing they try to offer other warranties etc. and don't really even show the hondacare.
Exterior Color: Blue but many options
Interior Color: Gray but many options
Date Purchased: 11/26/2019
State: IN

No I get to read a ton on here to figure out all the electronics settings.

#168 ·
Just FYI, but another dealer (that previously turned down my offer to buy) just contacted me back and said they would accept $36,900 OTD (Exl Nav Res) if we took delivery this Friday. So that would be a base + dest number of $34,700 or so (I haven’t run the exact numbers.) So at least in my area dealers are starting to deal.

Another stab to my heart of it not fitting in my garage!

#175 ·
Thank you for this invaluable shopping tool. Just bought wife an Elite. Here's our purchase detail:

Trim: Elite
Price Paid (base + destination): 43,966
Price Paid (out of the door): 48,617
Add-ons (if any): None
Interior Color: Beige
Date Purchased: 11/27/19
City: Bay Area
State: CA

Didn't want to waste time negotiating for a bargain. Agreed on a price with a salesman on the phone. Showed up, signed the papers, and drove away.

#178 ·
I just purchased this morning. I live in Atlanta.

2020 EX-L, Silver.
Base: 34500
OTD: $38,343.36
Accessories: Floor Mats, Splash Guards, Trunk Liner (all their vehicles had it)

I purchased from Mall of Georgia Honda. PM me if you want the sales person's info...she was the easiest I've worked with. She gave me the best quote up front, very transparent and no pressure. I love how when you contact a dealer and put "Email as the preference" you get a phone call 2 minutes later.

Spoke to: Carland (Couldn't match), Gwinnett Place (Couldn't match, tried to sell me a 2019 saying there's no difference...when I said the EX-L has the 10 speed..he's like "oh yeah, I forgot". They are scum), Carey Paul initially matched, but they only have 1 color. Carey Paul said they could beat by $500 but their followup paper quote had so many errors and omittments and she claimed she'll fix it when I'm there in person

Milton Martin matched after some negotiating, but less accessories. Lou Sobh couldn't beat, and follow up e-mails I was ignored. Lou Sobh contacted me while I was at Mall of Georgia...I replied w/ pic of me signing the paperwork.

#181 ·
Just bought an EX-L. Used Costco Auto which got me a quote of $34,540 at one local dealer. Took that offer to my preferred dealer and tried negotiating for a long time. The best they would do was beat it by $200. Based on this thread that was good enough for me.

Trim: EX-L
Price Paid (base + destination): 34,340
Price Paid (out of the door): 38,121 (taxes & fees only)
Add-ons (if any): None
Interior Color: Mocha
Date Purchased: 11/30/19
City: San Jose
State: CA