Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Odyssey Touring, Pacific Pewter Metallic
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2020 Odyssey van was taken into my trusted independent mx shop (been going for 20+ yrs) for a routine alignment check. The van was not giving any indications that it needed one, pulling or abnormal wear, I just make that part of my routine mx. The shop came back with negative camber, all out of range. The front they were able to tweak just a bit and move back to within spec. The rear camber they said was not adjustable and so they were stumped on how to move it back within the OEM spec range. They referred me to the local Honda dealer in town.

First off the local Honda dealer in town is terrible. I tried to buy a van from them but they lost the sale due to poor customer service etc. Back to the issue...I took the van to the Honda dealership and of course they wanted to put it on their alignment rack and get their numbers. I did that today. They just called me and said that the van was done and they were able to adjust the rear camber so that now they are within spec. The CSR told me "we adjusted the control arm enough to bring it back within Honda specs."

I guess the way I see it if something is not adjustable then it's not adjustable. And I didn't think that adjusting the control arm was an option or that it was something you did for alignment/camber issues. What do y'all think? Is my local Honda dealer feeding me a line so that they can do a little as possible and move me along down the road? My trusted mx shop to me to bring the van by and they would recheck it for free.

Thoughts? What do y'all think? Thanks for any help or replies.

·
Registered
10,130 Posts
I didn't think that adjusting the control arm was an option
I don't know for sure if this applies to your 2020, but on earlier models adjusting the rear trailing arm (to adjust toe) would also change the camber a little.

Did the dealer give you a printout showing that rear camber is now in spec?

Reactions: WiiMaster

·
Registered
2020 Honda Odyssey Touring, Pacific Pewter Metallic
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took the van to the local Honda dealership. The Tech said "...I adjusted the upper control arm and lower control arm just enough that it brought it back within standards." I asked the Tech how is this possible since the van doesn't have an upper control arm. The Tech showed me a parts diagram which did show only a lower control arm that apparently has two pieces, like a upper and lower. That's where they adjusted it. The results went from -1.37 down to -0.5.

To me that's a lot but maybe not. My next step is to take it to my shop and verify the results.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts