Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy, excited to have found this forum. We just bought a 2021 Odyssey LX. It does not have a middle seat or console in the second row... nor arm rests. We are about to go an a road trip (family of four) and I'd like to make it more comfortable and functional for my tall teenage boy. Daughter claimed the entire third row :) some questions:

• do the second row seats slide to the middle? Looks like there is a bar preventing that, but before I remove it and explore, thought I'd ask.
  • is there an aftermarket console that can attach to the middle floor board of the second row?
  • is there an arm rest that can attach to the second row seats?
  • any other ideas to make the second row more comfortable for when my kid falls asleep? (we're traveling from Denver to San Antonio, so plenty of time to sleep for my kids)
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
560 Posts
So the lx does not come with magic slide, I am curious as to what your floor rails look like. Maybe you can find a junk ex and cockaroach the center seat and magic slide system

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the lx does not come with magic slide, I am curious as to what your floor rails look like. Maybe you can find a junk ex and cockaroach the center seat and magic slide system

thanks for your reply! I'm new to Ody, so I'm not certain what magic slide is. I feel like it does have it, but that there's a bar preventing it and I could remove that bar.

I like the idea of buying the center seat (I think they call it a jump seat?) used. I'll look into that.

·
Registered
560 Posts
There is an actual platform or the middle seat would sit that's why I asked if you had a photo of your slide rails

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks! My wife had the Ody, so I was only just now able to take photos... my center doesn't have the rail / post / connection point for a center seat as I see from your photo. And there's a bar, highlighted in red that looks like it would interfere with my seats sliding. that bar is welded or bent onto the rail, so before I tear it out, I'd want to know if I'm making a mistake :)

ody second row1.jpg ody second row3.jpg ody second row2.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
also, to the right of the red box that I drew in my photo, other the other side of the rails, looks like some kind of sensor / electronics. Any guess as to what that might be?

·
Registered
151 Posts
The LX is only a 7 passenger and no Magic Slide seat (Base Model). You have to move up the the EX to get the 8 passenger and Magic Slide.
You would have to at minimum buy the entire track system, middle seat. Not sure if your existing seats will connect to the Magic bases.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
1,407 Posts
  • any other ideas to make the second row more comfortable for when my kid falls asleep? (we're traveling from Denver to San Antonio, so plenty of time to sleep for my kids)
Not related, but enjoy the drive. I drove the family from Dallas to Denver and back last summer. Great trip, with the exception of my Ody's A/C cutting out on the way back in 105 degree Amarillo weather.

Reactions: KingOpie

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not related, but enjoy the drive. I drove the family from Dallas to Denver and back last summer. Great trip, with the exception of my Ody's A/C cutting out on the way back in 105 degree Amarillo weather.
thanks! I hope y'all enjoyed your Colorado visit!

We're really excited. We wanted a beach vacation. Florida was too far (for a one week vacation) and I dislike California's politics.

Did you stop in Amarillo? Looks like a good stopping point mid-way through the drive. If so, was there anything fun to do there for a few hours?

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
1,407 Posts
thanks! I hope y'all enjoyed your Colorado visit!

We're really excited. We wanted a beach vacation. Florida was too far (for a one week vacation) and I dislike California's politics.

Did you stop in Amarillo? Looks like a good stopping point mid-way through the drive. If so, was there anything fun to do there for a few hours?
On the way to Colorado we didn't really stop much at all. Gas station stops obviously, but that was pretty much it until we got to our hotel in Colorado Springs. I know we didn't stop in New Mexico at all because they had just started their quarantine regulations for visitors, and we didn't want to get caught up in that. Speaking of gas stations, that brings up a good point you should keep in mind. You probably use 85 octane up in Denver. You'll have to use 87 down here. You're probably aware of this already, just mentioned it for good measure.

On the way back home, we only stopped in Amarillo because our A/C died and I wanted to have it checked by a shop in the area to determine if we'd have to go 5 more hours in that heat without A/C.

Amarillo is for the most part just a normal city. You might have your usual fast food places, but I didn't do much exploring in what there is to do.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You probably use 85 octane up in Denver. You'll have to use 87 down here. You're probably aware of this already
I did not know that! Thanks! I don't get out of Colorado much. Last time was four years ago to Arizona.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
1,407 Posts
I did not know that! Thanks! I don't get out of Colorado much. Last time was four years ago to Arizona.
Yeah. 87 is what these Odysseys are designed for. You use 85 up there because of the altitude, but when you come down, you'll need to go back to 87. So maybe before you get down to sea level, fill up with 87 at a gas station. You don't want to have engine knock when you get down to sea level.

·
Registered
2018 EX
1,826 Posts
Yeah. 87 is what these Odysseys are designed for. You use 85 up there because of the altitude, but when you come down, you'll need to go back to 87. So maybe before you get down to sea level, fill up with 87 at a gas station. You don't want to have engine knock when you get down to sea level.
Perhaps check with the dealer on this point. As I was told by my service manager, the ODy has automatic sensors that adjusts for every fuel available. The computer adjusts things so knocking is not an issue. I agree that returning to an 87 octane rating is wise but there is no need to panic if there is lots of 85 left in the tank.

Good point about switching back, WiiMaster :).

·
Registered
151 Posts
Perhaps check with the dealer on this point. As I was told by my service manager, the ODy has automatic sensors that adjusts for every fuel available. The computer adjusts things so knocking is not an issue. I agree that returning to an 87 octane rating is wise but there is no need to panic if there is lots of 85 left in the tank.

Good point about switching back, WiiMaster :).
This is correct with all modern fuel injected cars, they will adjust the ignition timing when knock is detected. That being said, it can only adjust so much so if 87 is the minimum required you are better off using that but the engine will not blow up with 85.

·
Registered
2018 EX
1,826 Posts
This is correct with all modern fuel injected cars, they will adjust the ignition timing when knock is detected. That being said, it can only adjust so much so if 87 is the minimum required you are better off using that but the engine will not blow up with 85.
(y)!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts