Price Paid (base + destination):
Price Paid (out of the door):
Add-ons (if any):
Exterior Color:
Interior Color:
Date Purchased:
City:
State:

New this year is invoice posting. If you're comfortable with the idea send a photo or scan via DM and I'll redact personal details.

FAQs

Q1) Why base + destination?
A1) Taxes and fees vary from city to city and the only way to get a proper comparison is to use the pre-tax and fees cost. Destination is the same regardless of where you buy so it's part of the core cost.

Q2) Is $X a good deal?!?!
A2) Please review the spreadsheet, the average on the summary table is a good target.

·
Registered
128 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Elite | Platinum White Pearl | J35Y6
552 Posts
What's actually new in the 2021 models?
Aside from the face lift, the 21 Touring gets the same wheels as the 18-20 Elite, while the 21 Elite gets a whole different style of wheels.

As for the 21 upgraded features it's basically the adaptive cruise control with low speed follow, pedestrian emergency braking, rear seat reminder system, cabin view reaches out to the rear seats (on the Touring and Elite), 2nd row folds flatter, cable pass through for the wireless charging pad, contrast stitching on the leather seats, slight viewing angle change on the cabin watch camera, refreshed floor mats for some trims, split turn signal area on the front bumper, uni brow chrome trim on below the hood, blacked out rear trim, and the Honda sensing safety systems are standard on all trim levels.

·
Registered
92 Posts
There are way more changes than that, too numerous to list. Best to check the official honda press release for the full list. (e.g. - 2 additional front parking sensors, led front laps and led fog lamps standard, contrast leather stitching, second row seat back pockets on lower trims, traffic sign recognition, additonal usb power ports on certain trims, driver power lumbar on lower trim, side dimming mirrors on elite, etc etc etc)

·
Registered
552 Posts
There are way more changes than that, too numerous to list. Best to check the official honda press release for the full list. (e.g. - 2 additional front parking sensors, led front laps and led fog lamps standard, contrast leather stitching, second row seat back pockets on lower trims, traffic sign recognition, additonal usb power ports on certain trims, driver power lumbar on lower trim, side dimming mirrors on elite, etc etc etc)
Indeed. The biggest gripe is that there still is no 360 view camera on a top trim.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The cruise control now goes to 0mph whereas it stops at 25mph on previous models. Helpful for stop and go traffic.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Trim: Touring (MSRP $44,015)
Price Paid (base + destination): $40,160
Price Paid (out of the door): $42,900
Add-ons (if any): Standard accessory package
Exterior Color: Forest Mist
Interior Color: Beige
Date Purchased: August-2020
City: Northern Virginia
State: Virginia

·
Registered
11 Posts
Trim: Elite
Price Paid: $46,000
Out the Door: $27,402.29 With trade-in, State tax, Fees
Add ons: Standard Options
Exterior Color: Pacific Pewter
Interior Color: Moca
Date Purchase: August 2020
State:pennsylvania

·
Registered
374 Posts
Local dealer has advertised on their website for 2021:

LX 4% off
EX-L 6% off
Touring and Elite 8% off

I wasn’t considering upgrading, but will see what numbers they give me for my 2018 Elite with 24k miles.

·
Registered
92 Posts

LX 4% off
EX-L 6% off
Touring and Elite 8% off

I wasn’t considering upgrading, but will see what numbers they give me for my 2018 Elite with 24k miles.
Not a bad starting point. You can probably get a little bit lower even, I got about 10% off my 2021 touring with no negotiation.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Good to know, thanks! I figure if they already advertise this on the website there’s more room to negotiate.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did not purchase, but recently went in to see if I could get a deal on a '21 Elite with a $49,355 MSRP. They would not budge on the top line. They did "value" my 2018 Elite (32k miles) at $28k, then used a deal to bump that offer up to $34k. Fair trade in for that van right now is probably $30-32k.

Net-net that puts the price for these things right around $45k right now, which is inline with what I've seen elsewhere in my state (MI).

·
Registered
374 Posts
Okay so dealer offered 2021 Elite at $44k ($5,000 off) and gave my 2018 Elite with 24k miles a trade in value of $32k.

I have roof rails, cross bars, all weather mats, cargo tray, splash guards, and wheel locks on my 2018 which I would also want on my 2021. Some would be cost effective to move over (mats and tray and maybe even wheel locks) while other stuff would need to be installed by dealer.

They offered me $14,400 to upgrade with all accessories installed, so if I moved over the mats and stuff I could probably save $400+.

I showed it to two more dealers. One basically said whoa that's very aggressive I can't even match while the second beat it by $200.

Still thinking about it--the price is not low enough to jump right now, but also not high enough to be prohibitive.

I could go crazy and contact a bunch of Honda dealers in the region, but the benefit of the dealers in town is that I would get free oil changes for lifetime of vehicle if I buy and service from them.

·
Registered
552 Posts

LX 4% off
EX-L 6% off
Touring and Elite 8% off

Okay so dealer offered 2021 Elite at $44k ($5,000 off) and gave my 2018 Elite with 24k miles a trade in value of $32k.

I have roof rails, cross bars, all weather mats, cargo tray, splash guards, and wheel locks on my 2018 which I would also want on my 2021. Some would be cost effective to move over (mats and tray and maybe even wheel locks) while other stuff would need to be installed by dealer.

They offered me $14,400 to upgrade with all accessories installed, so if I moved over the mats and stuff I could probably save $400+.

I showed it to two more dealers. One basically said whoa that's very aggressive I can't even match while the second beat it by $200.

Still thinking about it--the price is not low enough to jump right now, but also not high enough to be prohibitive.

I could go crazy and contact a bunch of Honda dealers in the region, but the benefit of the dealers in town is that I would get free oil changes for lifetime of vehicle if I buy and service from them.
I would definitely move everything over that you can from your '18 as those accessories mean nothing to them with trade-in's...at least from my experience.

Ex. I made sure to remove my aftermarket mats in all my cars including all accessories when trading it in as it wasn't even a consideration towards the value when appraising the car for trade-in... most places could care less and it saves you a ton of money.

I had some other questions for you, but I'll DM you instead as to not flood this thread.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trim: 2021 EX-L MSRP - $38,460 + $1120 Destination = $39,580
Price Paid (base + destination): $35,727 (9.7% off)
Price Paid (out of the door): $30k
Add-ons (if any): A/W Mats & Deep Cargo Tray
Exterior Color: Blue
Interior Color: Grey Leather
Date Purchased: 9/9/2020
State: Massachusetts - North Shore

The $35,727 was an “E-Price” that they quoted via email with no trade involved. Traded a single owner 2012 EX-L 107k miles. KBB puts a range of $6600-$10,000 depending on fair to good. Average being $7900-$8700. Got $8400 for it. With tax + new reg, title, $499 doc fee and All Weather Mats + Deep Cargo Tray. It was $30k even OTD

·
Registered
2021 PWP Touring
7 Posts
Trim: Touring
Price Paid (base + destination): 40468
Price Paid (out of the door): 43082
Add-ons (if any): nitrogen tires (dumb mandatory ripoff), gps tracker, tint
Exterior Color: White
Interior Color: Beige
Date Purchased: 10/24/2020
City: Houston