Honda Odyssey Forum banner

2023 Odyssey price negotiation compared to MSRP

1751 Views 15 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  mikidymac
I have been talking to dealers in DFW area but nobody is ready to negotiate prices other than paying full MSRP.

What I'm hearing from most dealers is production and supply shortage. Due to this low inventory and they want take anything less than the MSRP.

There was an older post with similar Title saying that people were lucky to get 40k out the door for a new EX-L. Please share your experience buying a new Odyssey.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
269 Posts
Certainly true with the supply chain due to COVID and the chip shortage. It wasn't long ago that everyone was marking up above MSRP, so I guess if you can get MSRP, it's showing that the market is cooling (interest rates have something to do with it as well). I recently read that the chip shortage could be coming to an end soon and supply should pick back up within the next year or so. Used car prices should also be coming back to norm in the not too distant future.

· Registered
2 Posts
Located in the midwest and it was an all around battle. Our prior van was totalled in August and needed something soon I called every dealer in the state and found an unclaimed Touring with a late October build date. The build date was pushed back to mid November and finally picked it up this week. Dealer was MSRP but then added $2k of add ons (all season package plus some interior/exterior finish). Really happy with the Touring but didn't care for the dealership experience at all.

· Registered
1,942 Posts
May 1st in PHX, AZ I made offers to two dealers with inventory for MSRP and they both said yes, but with $5,000+ in add ons. No thanks. In MN MSRP and NO add ons….. vehicle arrived mid July.
Use your computer and fan out to other metro areas.

· Registered
41 Posts
May 1st in PHX, AZ I made offers to two dealers with inventory for MSRP and they both said yes, but with $5,000+ in add ons. No thanks. In MN MSRP and NO add ons….. vehicle arrived mid July.
Use your computer and fan out to other metro areas.
Where about in MN? The dealer in the metro I'm working with is trying to add on a bunch of crap, but when I expressed my displeasure, they said it was negotiable.

· Registered
103 Posts
Purchased my '23 Sport last September at MSRP in York, PA (no crazy fees or additional equipment). I live in the DC area and all dealers were selling a few thousand above MSRP (which they advertise as doing you a favor by doing the market research for you!). I believe they still are. I found a dealer down around Richmond, VA that had a '23 EX-L on the lot, and the price they quoted was MSRP. Got my hopes up. When they sent the full quote, they had $6,000 in various fees. Found another that was only $500 over MSRP but then they had $2,500 built in for additional equipment.

· Registered
1 Posts
Curious if there are any other recent experiences with dealers on sales price relative to MSRP. Dealer located a ‘23 for me this week and curious if anyone has been able to negotiate below MSRP as of late. I’m in Michigan but saw some dealers in IL and WI advertising $2k off MSRP. Just wondering before I go into dealership if the winds are shifting on stock and demand.

· Registered
3 Posts
I was quoted $2k below msrp from a Nashville dealer and then was told I had to buy a $5k dealer package. No thanks. Found a dealer in Ohio selling at msrp with no dealer addons. Couldn't find any dealers in the South selling without dealer addons.

· Registered
6 Posts
I was quoted $2k below msrp from a Nashville dealer and then was told I had to buy a $5k dealer package. No thanks. Found a dealer in Ohio selling at msrp with no dealer addons. Couldn't find any dealers in the South selling without dealer addons.
same and i found one in ky supposedly will sell at msrp and no mark up and other bs will i have to see in person to believe, mine is delivery on middle of feb.
will let you know when i do paper.
if all good then will proceed if not then leave.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts