Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

We recently purchased a 2012 Odyssey. My wife chose not to get the Nav because she read bad reviews. She's now changed her mind and would like to add it. Is it possible to add oem nav to the EX-L? We'd prefer it to be integrated with the built-in screen and controls. It's a basix EX-L with no RES.

Thanks,
John

*Just noticed the typos in the Title. Should be "2012 Add Navigation".

·
Registered
687 Posts
You might be able to add the NAV, but it's going to be awfully expensive. I would check with your dealer to see if they can do an after market installation for you.

Overall, the Honda Navigation is not too bad, but it's still not as good as dedicated systems made by Garmin or TomTom. Given how much it will cost you to add the Honda NAV, you might want to go with this cheaper alternative which will cost you hundreds vs. thousands of dollars.

:rollingeyes:

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Another vote for go aftermarket.....or if factory integration is that important, you might want to just trade your in on a new one with factory nav.

·
Registered
395 Posts
We have a garmin nuvi that costs just $250, but has a wide and touch screen and can speak the name of the street. With a bean-bag mount, it sits nicely and stably on the dash on the left side of the driver. When not needed, it goes easily into the big box in the central console. From all the reviews that I read, the Honda version is not better (if not worse) than the garmins but costs so much more to buy.

·
Super Moderator
13,639 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just recently checked into adding factory RES to my 2011 Ex-l NAV. Not worth the headache. Even If I could find the parts at a reasonable price, and do it ourselves, it would be way to complicated...

·
Registered
181 Posts
And in a few months, the maps will be outdated. I believe Honda charges a good couple of hundred for the maps and they don't come out every so often. Get a good GPS instead with free maps and traffic

·
Registered
56 Posts
Has anyone done an aftermarket navi/ dvd double-din? have an EX-L and am concerned about it affecting the stock (backup camera)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts