Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
245-45-20 tires ===> problem free

I'm just wondering if anyone here has tried to install the 245-45-20 series tires on their 20x8.5 et 40+ wheel before. Please give me some advices on this setup. Thanks.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I've been running 245-40-20's on my Odyssey for a while now with no problems. Wheels are 20x8.5 +38 offset. Van is also lowered on H&R springs. No rubbing issues here. A 45 series tire will be a little taller than factory on a 245 tire. A 40 series tire on a 245 width tire has the exact same rolling diameter to the OEM spec.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jackleg1, thanks for your info., but I prefer to have a little bit thicker tires on my wheel due to my wife's driving habit.
Also, Could you tell me what kind of lug nut do you use on the new wheel? Is it tuner, conical or acorn lug nut? And is it true that our odyssey thread size is 14x1.5?
Thanks

·
Registered
450 Posts
BlackOdyOK said:
Jackleg1, thanks for your info., but I prefer to have a little bit thicker tires on my wheel due to my wife's driving habit.
Also, Could you tell me what kind of lug nut do you use on the new wheel? Is it tuner, conical or acorn lug nut? And is it true that our odyssey thread size is 14x1.5?
Thanks
I'm sure a 45 series tire will fit but your gear ratio/speedometer will be slightly off due to the taller tire. 14x1.5 is correct on the threads. The lugs I have are a tapered "spline drive" which came with the wheels when I orderd them. Just make sure you get the correct lugs for the wheels. Your wheel supplier should be able to match up the correct lugs for the wheels.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Update, I have just installed my new set of wheel and tire (245/45-20) onto the ody, and took it out for a spin. I could tell that the steering is a lot more responsive, the handling is so much better, and no rubbing at all, (ody's equipped with airlift). I really like my new wheel setup (for less than $1300). Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is my ody's new stance. Sorry for the low resolution image.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
another pix

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
sorry...old thread.....$1300 bux!!!! wow - who ya know and who ya blow I guess. looks awesome man!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts