Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I filled up (14.1 gals.) at 370 mile and had plenty of miles left in the tank. The measured trip was from Ohio to northern Michigan (Bay Harbor). 60 miles two lane hilly and the rest highway (75-85 mph). In no way did I try to get great milage, so I was very pleased to get 26 MPG.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Honda Gas Mileage - Fact or Fiction?

Weird thing about Honda gas mileage...coincidence, anomaly or some intentional programming fix to make the vehicle look better than it is???

When I first bought my 2006 Odyssey, I was getting 26 miles per gallon on my dashboard readout too until I had about 5-7 thousand miles on the odometer (ironically, right after my oil change). Even had a driving trip within Michigan (like you) where things looked great on mileage.

Since that time, my highway has dropped to 22-24 (max) and city averages 18. I've seen others on this site that others experience the same thing around the time they first change their oil (5,000 to 8,000 miles). Even other similar trips in Michigan produced the same results which seemed odd to me.

This past weekend, I was visiting my parents who bought a 2010 Honda Accord (V6) about 5 months ago and said they were getting 27 mpg with mixed city/hwy driving around town, but recently noticed a big drop in mileage (no oil change yet) to around 23 or 24 mpg.

Ironic or is it Honda's digital dash that has a programming "error" in it that displays inaccurate mileage during the first part of the break in period??

Since I've seen it in person on 2 different vehicles and heard about it more than once from others, it is beginning to make me wonder if there is something afoot in the Honda digital dash program!!!

Anyone else find this "anomaly" in their driving experience??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts