Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This would not be a deal sealer, but I noticed that the EXL does not have a 3rd row visor. However, when I looked during our test drive, their appears to be a place for one. I know that you can't order one or have one as an option, but it seems to me that the visor could be added to the EXL since it isn't that different from the Touring.

Anybody heard anything about adding the 3rd row visor, even aftermarket?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Looks like I screwed up, when I looked at accessories for the 2011 Odyssey I didn't see the shades listed. My Owners Link logon automatically brought me to the 2008 parts, not 2011. There are installation instructions at the Honda Owners Link web site but again, it it is for the 2008, sorry.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've looked into manual adding this.

For some reason the parts vary in cost between the two sides of the vehicle.

Drivers side was something around $60, but passenger's side was around $200 for some reason.

Installation would involve removing rear interior panels, screwing them in, and then putting everything together, at least as far as I can tell.

The following parts are what I think would be required (note, these are for the gray sidelining, truffle parts end in B, beige end in C)

84623-TK8-A11ZA Flange Assy R. Sunshade ($63.68)
84630-TK8-A01 Sunshade Assy R ($90.89)
84674-TK8-A11ZA Flange Assy L. Sunshade ($17.20)
84680-TK8-A01 Sunshade Assy L ($17.20)

Plus some self tapping screws (4x12) and maybe some other self tapping screws (4x10 PO)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cderalow, if you delve into this, let us know how it went. My son who loves to sit in the back doesn't like the Odyssey because of the head rests and the lack of a 3rd row visor on the EXL.

·
Registered
205 Posts
cderalow, if you delve into this, let us know how it went. My son who loves to sit in the back doesn't like the Odyssey because of the head rests and the lack of a 3rd row visor on the EXL.
I just viewed the video of the 2011 touring elite and in the video there were sunshades, and they were up, in the third row. That's the video review on the home page of the odyclub. So the question is, will the dealer install the shades into an EX-L at a reasonable price or do you have to do it yourself using the parts that cderalow identified.

·
Registered
197 Posts
The third row sun shades are not "dealer installed accessories" and do not appear on the accessories list as far as I know, so you'd likely be on the hook to do it yourself.

·
Registered
22 Posts
We have a touring and have the sunshades back there. Just wondering if any of the EX owners were successful with installing them.

I'm curious to find out how to remove the paneling, so I can add some tweeters in the third row.

Thanks

·
Registered
301 Posts
I really would like to do this as well, taking off panels is really no bid deal as longs as you have some extra clips just in case one breaks during removal. I have removed door panels and dash panels on a few Audi's I have owned, as long as you know where the proper place to start pulling after you remove any screws you will be fine.

So if anyone can def get the correct parts numbers I would be down with trying this.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've looked into manual adding this.

For some reason the parts vary in cost between the two sides of the vehicle.

Drivers side was something around $60, but passenger's side was around $200 for some reason.

Installation would involve removing rear interior panels, screwing them in, and then putting everything together, at least as far as I can tell.

The following parts are what I think would be required (note, these are for the gray sidelining, truffle parts end in B, beige end in C)

84623-TK8-A11ZA Flange Assy R. Sunshade ($63.68)
84674-TK8-A11ZA Flange Assy L. Sunshade ($17.20)
84680-TK8-A01 Sunshade Assy L ($17.20)

Plus some self tapping screws (4x12) and maybe some other self tapping screws (4x10 PO)
See man. I expected the price was going to be ridiculously high. Yes I know. Its from the dealer. If you got the cash, go for it.

Like that those LEDs that you install in the front driver and passenger side come out to what? $50 to $100? geez. Just for a wire with two LEDs on them? I duplicated that technology myself for about 10 bucks. And looks much better than the OEM one.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hopefully this thread still has some life.

We actually have a 2011 Touring, which had the sunshades already installed.

However, the third row passenger side one has kind of come undone where the hook fell off and the half of the shade is detached from unit.

I'm hoping to get it replaced under Hondacare, but the dealer said it may not be covered (though I don't see why it wouldn't be).

If I had to do it myself, I'm a little confused on what I would need. It seems like I'd just need to buy:

...but can anyone confirm and has anyone actually gotten brave and done the install or a replacement?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Hopefully this thread still has some life.

We actually have a 2011 Touring, which had the sunshades already installed.

However, the third row passenger side one has kind of come undone where the hook fell off and the half of the shade is detached from unit.

I'm hoping to get it replaced under Hondacare, but the dealer said it may not be covered (though I don't see why it wouldn't be).

If I had to do it myself, I'm a little confused on what I would need. It seems like I'd just need to buy:

...but can anyone confirm and has anyone actually gotten brave and done the install or a replacement?
Somewhere in this thread: http://www.odyclub.com/forums/10-ho...ccessories-going-weekend-projects-w-pics.html

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I installed them in my EX-L 2014. Depending on what side you need, you are correct, that should be the only part you need. Got my dealer to order it and match the hondapartscheap.com price.

SUNSHADE ASSY., L. RR. SIDE LINING
Part Number: 84680-TK8-A01
SUNSHADE ASSY., R. RR. SIDE LINING Part Number: 84630-TK8-A01

Here is a link to my photobucket album of the install to give you an idea of what it entails:

2014 EX-L 3rd Row Sunshades And Speaker Install Photos by morrisol10 | Photobucket
We are likely buying an EX-L before the end of the year. I'd wondered how much would be involved in installing the 3rd row sun shades. Thanks for all of the great photos! I think that is well, more involved than I would be willing to do, but it looks great. Well done!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts