Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read all the threads and printed the diagrams for location and replacement of the 2nd clutch pressure switch..........can anyone provide vme with the part # and possible best place to purchase this part...........thanks in advance......... 2001 odyssey van.........Steven

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've read all the threads and printed the diagrams for location and replacement of the 2nd clutch pressure switch..........can anyone provide vme with the part # and possible best place to purchase this part...........thanks in advance......... 2001 odyssey van.........Steven
Hi Steven,

I would peruse hondapartsnow.com for the 2nd clutch pressure switch. They seem to offer the best prices on OEM Odyssey parts that I've come across thus far :)

I'll look up the part number for you when I get home from work, should you encounter any difficulties locating it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Quick question; How many pins should there be in this switch ?
I see one pin in the replacement switches, but two pins on the 2nd gear switch of my daughter's 2000 Oddity.
Was there a phased in change and if so can the VIN identify whether the vehicle is supposed to have single or dual pin switches - maybe they are interchangeable, so I guess that is another answer ?

Another possibility is that I pulled a connector off something other than the 2nd gear clutch pressure switch, but having read everything in this and other threads about it and studied the diagrams - I am pretty sure I am on the right plug.

BTW, the replacement switches fit a 22mm socket, the one on the vehicle is larger than that, maybe 25mm or 26mm, so I am even more suspicious that my replacements are wrong.

·
Registered
8 Posts
OK, so I was on the wrong part (-:
The second gear pressure switch is indeed right under the cams for the throttle cables.
I found it convenient to get the air hose that runs from the air cleaner to the throttle body off, I also loosened a bracket that holds some plugs and sockets, it forms a bridge but I could only find the rear bolt for it.
That was enough for me to get fingers in there to fiddle the plug off and then snake a 22mm socket in to loosen the witch (typo, I meant Switch, but it is a Witch to get at).
After that simple re-assembly, but I had bought two switches and still want to replace the 3rd gear one.
An extra problem with that one is the clip/retainer things that hold the lower plastic skirt on.
I am not familiar with how they release and the one that most likely releases the section I want to drop has some of its head ground off.
Any tips on how those are unlocked & latched ?
Should I buy 1/2 dozen ahead of time ?
Is there a generic equivalent autozone part ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey All, first post :)
I just had the 2nd clutch switch code on my 01 Ody. I will be looking into this further but see that some of you also replace the 3rd clutch switch also. My ? is, are they the same part # ?? - 28600-P7Z-003
Thanks!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Follow-up to my thread.
It turned out that the 3rd gear pressure switch was accessible from the top, so I didn't have to get the plastic bumper skirt off the front.
I forget who's tip it was that got me to get it from the top, but thanks (you know who you are).

Things aren't much better, I did change them kinda "speculatively" and it will be nice to know that they are two more things that the transmission DOESN'T have wrong with it (-:

Next task will be to clean out those little tubes, but I want the weather to break before I try that.
Just TOO HOT and TOO HUMID around here right now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts