Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got on lists to purchase a 2000, and got a white EX in March of 2000. 256000 miles later, I traded it in on a white 2010 EXL. Sweet! Just took it on a 360 mile shakedown trip and discovered they did away with the visor extensions.

I sit pretty far away from the wheel, as far as the seat will go and get a face full of sun with the standard visor.

What was the thought process to eliminate that feature and does anyone have a solution as elegant as the rest of the interior of this beautiful vehicle?

I have clipped cardboard on previous vehicles.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
It always helps to read the owner's manual when you get a new vehicle.

The visor extensions were not removed. They're still there but are just a lot more elegant now. Pull the whole visor out of the plastic rod to extend it (basically move it to block the sun light).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response. The manual is silent to pulling the visor out on the rod. It does warn that if the visor is used on the side, to return it to the clipped position.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
dvpatel said:
It always helps to read the owner's manual when you get a new vehicle.

The visor extensions were not removed. They're still there but are just a lot more elegant now. Pull the whole visor out of the plastic rod to extend it (basically move it to block the sun light).
I have a 2010 and didn't know this. :eek: Had to go outside and see for myself.

It may be in the manual, but I just never got around to searching for how to use the sun visor. :stupid:

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
Steve P said:
I have a 2010 and didn't know this. :eek: Had to go outside and see for myself.

It may be in the manual, but I just never got around to searching for how to use the sun visor. :stupid:
:stupid:

I think the OP's right though. The OM is not that clear about it. I remember a discussion When OP said they checked the OM is when I remembered a prior discussion on this where the OM is indeed lacking on the description of the feature (at least till 2008 as I had checked all 2005 - 2008 manuals now that I remember).

·
Registered
205 Posts
In the 2008 manual there is nothing under the sun visor entry about pulling it out. But, under the vanity mirror on the next page they mention that the mirror will not come on if the visor is slid outward. go figure!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts