Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at shifting the 2nd row seat over to the middle (jumpseat removed) to accommodate a bit wider area for access to the 3rd row. (One car seat in second row, one in third row opposite corners to reduce fighting.).

I looked all over and couldn't figure out how to release the 2nd row seat. Am I just being blind/dense?

Any guidance here?

TIA.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Look for the small lever handle release on the inside under the seat. Pull it forward to release. Just pulled mine out getting ready to head north for the week with my son.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Great advice. More specifically on the 2nd row driver side, the lever is under the seat located on the left. Pull that lever and you will hear a click, push the seat from behind and it will lean forward. Remember to move the driver seat forward prior so you have more room to do this. The second row seat is so damn heavy, so caution when you're lifting it out.
Look for the small lever handle release on the inside under the seat. Pull it forward to release. Just pulled mine out getting ready to head north for the week with my son.

·
Registered
15 Posts
First, you need to remove the plastic cover on the anchor bars on the floor in between the two middle row captain seats. It just snaps in and out, so all you have to do is pull it up...no tools needed.

The lever you need to pull is under the front of the seat near the bottom, on the door side of the seat. It gets pulled the same way you pull the lever under the dashboard to open the hood. Pull the lever and lean the seat forward enough so that the rear latches are out of their anchors, and then slide the seat it to the position you want before putting it down again. Then snap the plastic cover into place in the open area on the floor near the door.

It's pretty easy to do once you know how and doesn't take too much effort. Much easier than taking the whole seat out. :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Great advice. More specifically on the 2nd row driver side, the lever is under the seat located on the left. Pull that lever and you will hear a click, push the seat from behind and it will lean forward. Remember to move the driver seat forward prior so you have more room to do this. The second row seat is so damn heavy, so caution when you're lifting it out.
The drivers side can't be moved over to allow easy access to the third row, the passenger side 2nd row seat is the one that can be moved.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First, you need to remove the plastic cover on the anchor bars on the floor in between the two middle row captain seats. It just snaps in and out, so all you have to do is pull it up...no tools needed.

The lever you need to pull is under the front of the seat near the bottom, on the door side of the seat. It gets pulled the same way you pull the lever under the dashboard to open the hood. Pull the lever and lean the seat forward enough so that the rear latches are out of their anchors, and then slide the seat it to the position you want before putting it down again. Then snap the plastic cover into place in the open area on the floor near the door.

It's pretty easy to do once you know how and doesn't take too much effort. Much easier than taking the whole seat out. :)
I have no covers. Just the bare hooks and the plastic surrounding them. (Underneath).

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
3rd actually. Second owned it only for 5k miles. (Got stuck in his dirt driveway during a rain storm, traded in for a fully laden Escalade).

What do the plastic covers look like btw? Can you put up a photo?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Definately don't have that. Is it worth it or does it come off easily (figuring a couple of times stepped on by kids and its goner)?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Good thread, Fusionrx ! We've been contemplating removing the center jumpseat too to allow better ingress/egress to 3rd row. However the jumpseat's storage cubby sure is handy and would be missed if we did the move.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We don't have a jumpseat with cubby, just a plus one seat thing. Must be a newer addon or a trim level up from me addon.

Moved the plus one seat out and the second row passenger seat over today (found the lever finally, and the plate!). Seems to work ok. Gonna try it with the kids for the next week and see how they like it...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts