Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2nd row seat (only on the driver's side) makes a harsh metal-on-metal noise when you return it to its standard position (after sliding it forward to get to/front the 3rd row). Has anyone had this issue? If not, what should I ask my dealer? Thanks!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I think that is normal. My kids "slam" the 2nd row seat back to the vertical position each day more than once when they get out from the 3rd row. I believe I hear that metal "lock into place" sound every time, so I think it is normal.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know this can't be the problem because the passenger side seat doesn't do it, and also it happens before the seat is locked into place, i.e. the seat back is returned to the upright position.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had similar problem where I thought it was my 2nd row seat, brought it to dealership, the regressed my sliding door and the noise went away.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I'm not sure whether the original post referred to a noise when the can is moving or a noise when moving the seat. I have noticed a quirk with the second row seat on the drivers side. At first I thought the sliding door had developed its first inevitable squeak and needed to be lubricated but I've since isolated the sound to the seat. The curious thing is that I can make it go away simply by sliding the seat forward or back a notch. I'm thinking there's a particular position the seat has to be in to create the noise which is annoying. However I haven't figured out how to create it, just know how to make it go away which on balance is what counts. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think you may be right. The noise came back again this morning when I drove it out of my garage. After driven a while it seemed to go away. It's so unpredictable

1 - 6 of 6 Posts