Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a 3.5 V6 timing belt how to? I would like pictures and practical advice. Shop manuals are a joke. I have a 2000 model.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crank Pully and Oil Seals

I've found several videos detailing the timing belt process, which is nice. But none of them demonstrate the removal of the crank pulley or oil seal replacement. Anyone have a any practical resources for these procedures?

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Gotta search for it. There's tons of links with good write ups and the starter bump trick for loosening the crank bolt.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Going to give it a try tomorrow. Are there any special tools required

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
You will probably need the crank pulley holder tool sold by Amazon and humongous breaker bar. There have been cases where people just went to the mechanic and had him loosen it for them and tighten it enough to go home. This is all hearsay, I handed keys and bunch of hundred dollar bills to my mechanic :)

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
You will probably need the crank pulley holder tool sold by Amazon and humongous breaker bar. There have been cases where people just went to the mechanic and had him loosen it for them and tighten it enough to go home. This is all hearsay, I handed keys and bunch of hundred dollar bills to my mechanic :)
Not needed if you do the starter bump trick ;)

Just don't try it on a car with the bolt on the drivers side.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I made an attempt to change the timing belt on Saturday but didnt get too far (didnt have tool to loosen the tensioner bolt)?). I think this job might be tougher than I had previous thought. I might just bite the bullet and take it to a mechanic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts