Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I a 2001 Honda Odyssey. It is right under 200k miles. I know my transmission is going out. However, I had an issue last week when the D4 started blinking, and RPM’s were driving at at high space. And I could not accelerate quickly. I also had an engine light come on with three codes. The blinking of D4 now turns on at random times.

Here are the three codes:
P0131 - O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 1
P0730 - Incorrect Gear Ratio
P0780 - Shift Error

Does anybody have any insight as I look into these issues. Is it time to say goodbye to this van? Thank you!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've got a 2000 that I've owned from new and I'm coming up to 250,000 miles.
On the second rebuilt transmission.
All that I've had go wrong with mine has been the 2 transmission rebuilds. Now if you consider it operating for 21 years, that's not bad at all for major maintenance.
So, if the rest of your van is in good shape, get a quote on how much a rebuild would cost.
Jasper transmissions can send your shop one if you prefer to do it that way.
What I do now is change out 3 quarts of DW-1 transmission fluid every 6 months.
Hoping this will get me to 300,000 miles or 2025. Whichever comes first.

·
Registered
9,261 Posts
The P0730 is an ominous code. It means the transmission is slipping internally. It's usually due to either blocked hydraulic passages or worn clutches.

Some have tried to fix it by cleaning or replacing external parts (e.g. solenoids) but a rebuild is likely required.

Is the transmission fluid level okay?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The P0730 is an ominous code. It means the transmission is slipping internally. It's usually due to either blocked hydraulic passages or worn clutches.

Some have tried to fix it by cleaning or replacing external parts (e.g. solenoids) but a rebuild is likely required.

Is the transmission fluid level okay?
Thank you for the info! The transmission fluid level is currently okay. I am aware though that I have a transmission leak.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got a 2000 that I've owned from new and I'm coming up to 250,000 miles.
On the second rebuilt transmission.
All that I've had go wrong with mine has been the 2 transmission rebuilds. Now if you consider it operating for 21 years, that's not bad at all for major maintenance.
So, if the rest of your van is in good shape, get a quote on how much a rebuild would cost.
Jasper transmissions can send your shop one if you prefer to do it that way.
What I do now is change out 3 quarts of DW-1 transmission fluid every 6 months.
Hoping this will get me to 300,000 miles or 2025. Whichever comes first.
Thank you for the info!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Where are you? If SouthEast, PM me. Mine was rear ended, and I have been waiting to either sell it for the drivetrain or buy one to put my trans into.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts