Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 3 day old ody broke down yesterday.
Apparent transmission problem. The jury is still out on this. The service advisor called to let me know that they are talking to folks in California and van is not driveable.

At 127 miles:

Symptoms: Transmission appears to get stuck in low gears at 20 mph and 4000 rpm.
Check engine light comes on .
TCS light comes on.
Runs but to be on the safe side .. got it towed to the nearest dealer ( not the one where I bought it)

Any ideas/advise

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by honda4:
My 3 day old ody broke down yesterday.
Apparent transmission problem. The jury is still out on this. The service advisor called to let me know that they are talking to folks in California and van is not driveable.

At 127 miles:

Symptoms: Transmission appears to get stuck in low gears at 20 mph and 4000 rpm.
Check engine light comes on .
TCS light comes on.
Runs but to be on the safe side .. got it towed to the nearest dealer ( not the one where I bought it)

Any ideas/advise
</font>
The problem is (apparently) fixed :
It took the dealer 3 days to diagnose and fix this problem.
He added 35 miles to the van for about 3 test drives (I guess one before fixing and at least 2 after).

Codes : P1750
Replaced (2 parts)
1. No description
2. Solenoid (part no.28250-P&H-024).

·
Registered
171 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by honda4:
The problem is (apparently) fixed :
It took the dealer 3 days to diagnose and fix this problem.
He added 35 miles to the van for about 3 test drives (I guess one before fixing and at least 2 after).

Replaced (2 parts)
1. No description
</font>
Whew! And I thought the new transmissions were going to be a problem!

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L, Ocean Mist Metallic
13 Posts
Transmission solenoid replacement

My new 2002 Odyssey (650 miles) was in today for transmission problems. The dealer replaced the solenoid, and it seems OK now. Five days ago (at 385 miles) it had problems sticking in the lower gears around 4000 RPM before shifting. On my first visit to the dealer, they couldn't reproduce the problem. They suggested that the "smart" transmission had "learned" my wife's driving style, and switching drivers might have caused it to have to relearn driving styles. (Not a bad theory, except it hung at 4000 RPM way too long for even a Microsoft-ized transmission.) Today the problem came back - but much worse. It hung in the lower gears for about 10 seconds before shifting, and it would slip out of the higher gears while driving. I think the tranny was stuck in 3rd by the time I got to the dealer. The TCS light and check engine light were on, and the "D" light (shift indicator) was blinking.

The dealer replaced the solenoid and flushed the transmission fluid three times. Honda apparently has this in their service knowledgebase, so hopefully everyone else who has this problem can get same-day service on their repairs. My van was in at 1:30, and out at 5:30.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Try not to think about the tens of thousands of miles of clutch life that just poured out the transmission drain.

·
0 Posts
honda4 said:

Replaced (2 parts)
1. No description
35 miles??? Can you say "customer test drives"??? (j/k)

My only question is, what was the first part replaced??? Why is there no description? Could it be a new tranny:D ???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts