Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All..

New to the forums here and expecting TRIPLETS sometime in March/April, so obviously we were looking at the new 2012 Ody.

Just wondering.. I hear that three car seats are capable of fitting in the second row in "wide mode", however I always see a combination of car seats (booster, rear facing, and/or toddler front facing) in the pictures and vids that I am seeing online and through these forums.

My question is: Has anyone / or is it possible to fit three rear facing infant seats in the second row?

Thanks for your insight!
Ron

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Yikes, and I thought I had my hands full :D

Yes, size wise it should be possible. The car seats are a bit wider than the infant carriers/seats/bases we've owned but, to be safe, if you have already purchased the infant seats (with the bases), take them to a Honda dealer and try them out.

Note that with 3 rear facing seats the driver will have less space to recline the back seat and/or slide the seat all the way back, try that out as well, it can get uncomfortable

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies!

We dont have the seats yet.. but was hoping someone already had experience with the 3 rear facing seats!

·
Registered
6 Posts
the seats may fit but in order to slide the 2nd seat to get to the 3rd row, the back has to fold forward. In other words, you will have to remove car seat, or climb, or use the tail gate to get to the 3rd row.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We have newborn twins in Chicco Keyfit 30's in the middle and passenger outboard of the second row, and our 20 month old in a forward facing Britax BLVD in the driver outboard seat. All 3 fit well. Getting to the 3rd row is tough. Since we can get the two Keyfit 30 seats with bases in the 2nd row without issue, putting the third on the driver side should be no problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts