Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any tech wizards or Honda engineers out there who might know exactly how Honda squeezed 30 extra ponies out of the same basic engine for 2002? Is it electronic chips, intake runners or what? I might seriously consider engine mods to my 2001 if it weren't overly complicated.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mad Dad:
Are there any tech wizards or Honda engineers out there who might know exactly how Honda squeezed 30 extra ponies out of the same basic engine for 2002? Is it electronic chips, intake runners or what? I might seriously consider engine mods to my 2001 if it weren't overly complicated.</font>
There has been some discussion of this, such as the thread: http://www.odyclub.com/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000635.html (see in particular the seventh post of that thread, by GeorgeB).

Consider using the forum's search feature on applicable terms "240" or "horsepower."

Regards,

Maugham

[This message has been edited by Maugham (edited 01-20-2002).]

P

·
0 Posts
Actually, the 2002s have a different engine. They now have the Acura MDX engine and tranny instead of the old 210 hp engine.

Michelle

[This message has been edited by poodleluvr (edited 01-20-2002).]

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by poodleluvr:
Actually, the 2002s have a different engine. They now have the Acura MDX engine and tranny instead of the old 210 hp engine.

</font>
Still the same basic motor. The J35A1(or maybe A2 by now) for all 3: MDX,'01,'02.

------------------
-ROB-
'01 GG LX "Lagreat"(with lotsa stuff.S-T-U-F-F)

http://community.webshots.com/album/18601743AkjQIJiKqK

[This message has been edited by hachiroku (edited 01-21-2002).]

·
Registered
212 Posts
New intake and exhaust manifolds, new cylinder heads, higher compression, 2 stage instead of 1 stage VTEC, and better knock sensors.

P

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Still the same basic motor. The J35A1(or maybe A2 by now) for all 3: MDX,'01,'02. </font>
Well, I'll be darned...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts