Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is 300 miles too many on a new 2012 Ody being delivered from another dealer? I wanted a specific color, and this was the closest my dealer could find. Just always bought new vehicles that had less that 20 miles or so. My 2006 Ody only had 2 miles :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
not really a big deal. If you want that specific van/color bad enough, then you'll have to deal with the mileage of bringing it in from another dealer. I once bought a truck 10 years ago and it had about 250 miles on it from bringing it in from another dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Why can't the car be delivered on a truck? To me, anything over 60-70 miles is way too much. I like to break in my own cars and not rely on a another person to do it properly for me

·
Registered
884 Posts
Mine had a little over 300 on it and had to be brought in from another dealer. I don't consider it a big deal. The salesman told me thought that Honda Canada insists that vehicles have a maximum of X miles on them before beling eligible for lease as a new vehicle but for the life of me I can't remember what it was.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
well generally cars have 6-7 miles cuz they drive them around a bit to make sure everything is ok.
Both the Ody and my car had between 2 and 3 miles on them.

·
Registered
112 Posts
300 miles isnt to much to have on it since you wanted a specific color and didnt want to order one. I've delivered a couple that had 400-600 on them but had to throw in an oil change or two

·
Registered
301 Posts
My 2011 had 100 miles on her, wasn't thrilled about it but it was during the shortage and when there was .9 financing. I now have almost 6k miles on her and had forgotten how many miles were on the car at delivery until I saw this post...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Mine had 4 miles on it. I purchased a 2004 Accord V6EX new and it had 276 miles on it. I had been driven from a dealer from the other end of the state.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Too many on my opinion. The Odyssey breaking period recs are up to 600 miles... if those 300 miles are abused miles... then no way. And how would you know?

Mine only had 3 miles.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I personally wouldnt but all of the cars I bought new had less than 5 miles on them when I drove them home.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is 300 miles too many on a new 2012 Ody being delivered from another dealer? I wanted a specific color, and this was the closest my dealer could find. Just always bought new vehicles that had less that 20 miles or so. My 2006 Ody only had 2 miles :)
We got ours with around 300-400 miles on it. We got it about a year ago, a black touring w/ gray interior was nearly IMPOSSIBLE to find! Only three were in the state at the time, two were sold and one wouldn't trade it and the Touring Elite, my wife's first choice, was non-existent. We just planned to upgrade to the elite in a couple of years. Anyway, our van was driven down from Georgia (or very close, can't quite remember) all the way down to Tampa. Like someone else said, the "high" miles isn't thrilling but if you want the car bad enough, you'll be able to overlook it. We had already been waiting over a month and a half for the van and the dealer had finally found one and had it brought in. If anything happens to it (rock chip, windshield crack, etc.) during transit, your dealer should gladly replace/fix the damage. Just make sure to give the front end (windshield, hood, bumper) a good inspection before taking delivery. Look for other scratches as well, like around door handles and things like that, typical places for "normal" wear but not something one would want on a brand new vehicle. Out of curiosity, what color is it you've got your heart set on?

·
Registered
16 Posts
We had a similar situation where the specific color combination was very difficult to find, only one in the state. I elected to drive to the dealer myself, do a trade-in and drove it home myself. Otherwise the van would have had nearly 200 miles on it in less than optimal weather conditions (e.g. snow/ice).

When I drove home I was sure to avoid other cars as much as possible to avoid rock chips etc. I seriously doubt this would have happened otherwise. I also varied speeds, took exits etc. Perhaps I was too careful, but that's just me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Recently declined to buy a 2012 Silver/Gray Touring Elite with 61 miles, opted for the Pearl/Truffle with 6 miles still wrapped in plastic. The silver also had DIO's, which I couldn't see over paying for. Examples- $249.00 for mud guards, $199.00 for wheel locks and $349.00 for 3rd row tray.

·
Registered
632 Posts
My '09 Ody had 330 miles when i got it. My local honda swapped from a dealer in virginia to SC due to the color combination of interior i was looking for slate green/gray int. It took them 4 days to locate one. Most stock is olive but i want the dark gray so i have no choice.

·
Registered
45 Posts
300 miles of freeway driving is probably fine. I doubt they redlined all the way from dealer to dealer. I'd rather live with my color choice than the very unlikely possibility they harmed your potentially new Odyssey for life.

I would take it but ask for $150 back from the price or get that much in accessories or something. IRS calculates something like 20 cents per mile of wear and tear.

Easy decision in my opinion. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would want to know up front from where they planed on getting the van, or at least how far away and how they proposed to have it delivered (truck or driven). Our 2012 EX-L had 2 miles when we first drove it. We only drove it at this dealer for 9 miles for a total of 11. When we returned a week later to close the deal, it still had the 11 miles.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Most dealers use retirees to do their DX driving so most of the time they aren't being driven hard at all. Its the ones that use young lot attendants to get the cars that you have to worry about

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ya if they transported it to avoid the miles I'm sure it would have cost more. With 300 miles you don't know how many miles it hand on it before it left the other dealer lot. My last new car had 80+ miles on it. It must have been the test drive car. But in the grand scheme of things not a big deal since I was driving it 100 miles to bring it home from the dealer anyways.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 20 of 24 Posts