Honda Odyssey Forum banner

38 psi and center wear : ISSUE identified. It is not center wear.. Old tires and tread separation

2K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  Bear3412 
#1 · (Edited)
Anyone had abnormal center wear running tires at 38psi

edit:

my issue turned out to be thread seperation and old tires…. Issue was like this video

#2 ·
38PSI cold is a lot. I fill my tires up when they're warm so I usually fill up to around 37 front and 39 rear. My issue is usually still with the outsides wearing faster though.

Reactions: spaceodysey
#5 ·
Possible. At some point I may check the cold pressures and find out.

#15 ·
Not all gauges are accurate. Your 34psi gauge reading may be read as 37psi on another gauge.
My '03 OM recommends 36psi front and back, same as the recommended psi on the door.
My rear tires wore heavily on the inner tread due to weak rear coil springs. / \
Buffalo4

#16 ·
I find snows are more sensitive to pressure than all-seasons. I ran MXV4s at 35 with no abnormal wear, but 35 on Blizzaks wore the center noticably. Dropped to 33 and the wear evened out.

Same story on my other car (55 series tires), I can run the all-seasons up at 36-37 and hit all wear bars across the tread in the same week, but the snows want 32.000 or they wear in the center.

#21 ·
Yeah, you got your money’s worth. I had a set of Michelins on my car trailer, they were probably 8 to 9 years old, and hauling a vehicle down the interstate, one separated. Couldn’t really tell when looking at it, but when it was pulled off, wow, you definitely could see it then.
I don’t buy old tires and will always look at the manufacture date before purchasing new ones.

#26 ·
Our 2008 Touring calls for 33 psi front, 35 psi rear.

I always try to run the tires 3 - 5 psi higher. If possible / tolerable.

So front; 36 - 38 psi min.
So rear; 38 - 40 psi min.

Current tires max psi = 55 psi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.