Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got 3M paint protection film done at an authorized dealer? I think it is also called as clear mask if I am not wrong.

My current car has all kinds of scratches possible from the long road trips we had (and also from the mischievous kids playing with car parked in tour apartment community parking lot). So, trying to look for something that can help me avoid these kind of scratches.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've talked to some high end tint shops in Atlanta that do it. I live 5 hours away but pass thru from time to time...

It's priced at about 500-900$ and will make it easier to clean the bugs off and help protect from rock chips (My main concern.) I think I'm going to get it before too long, gotta save my pennies first.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have had it put on my last 3 vehicles, my oldest one is now 12 years old and it is great. On my 11 Ody I had it done at the dealer because a friend of mine works there and got a discount. If it was not done there I would have driven it off the lot and straight a shop to have it done. Around here if you get it done on your own it should be around $200-$300

·
Registered
419 Posts
I've installed in my 2010, and love it.

Here is couple of threads with info...

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/54-2011-odyssey/135440-clear-bumper-protection.html

and

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/10-honda-aftermarket-accessories/99673-full-nose-mask-2010-polished-metal-ody.html

If you do install it, be very careful when you wash. I don't go into car washes and wash by hand. Also, The film has a sort of clear coat which can swirl and scratch real bad if you use a car wash brush or anything other than microfiber or terry cloth. Once scratched, Its almost impossible to remove since its not on paint. Also, once you get a strike on it from a bug or rock, you'll see the indention.

good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot guys,

My Honda dealer is an authorized 3M guy and is quoting $800 for front & back, $400 for partial - not sure what are all the things that come with these packages. Will keep you posted once I know more details.

RK

·
Registered
28 Posts
I did not get the 3M PPF but had Avery Dennison Nano Fusion PPF installed. The whole front end excluding the grill - full hood, full quarter panels, front bumper, headlights and fog light were done.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can some of you who have had the Clear Mask installed, or did it themselves, post some pics? I am debating getting it for the front bumper of my 2011 Black Ody.

Secondly, any fading/yellowing issues so far?

lastly, How the heck do you get this stuff off your vehicle?

Thanks

·
Registered
730 Posts
I researched the size I would need and bought a non-Honda pre-cut kit off of Amazon. I then made a template, cut and applied to the fog lights only. About $20 if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Can some of you who have had the Clear Mask installed, or did it themselves, post some pics? I am debating getting it for the front bumper of my 2011 Black Ody.

Secondly, any fading/yellowing issues so far?

lastly, How the heck do you get this stuff off your vehicle?

Thanks
Search around, I remember seeing some YouTube stuff showing how to remove it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts