Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 and the vent in the 3rd row is messed up. Anyone have instruction on taking the air vent out or removing the panel to get to the vent? Would like to repair or replace the vent. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I should have explained better. The fins are not connected to each other, so all o the fins move independently. See attached

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I'm not sure how those fins are linked, if at all. From your picture, it looks like the upper fin has been sprung downward. You could try bending (snapping) the upper fin back into position. There is no apparent link to the other fins. Perhaps try heating the fins up with a blow dryer first, to soften the plastic so it doesn't break.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think there is a linkage behind the fins. Would love it if someone could post how to take it apart.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I suspect you may have to remove the entire panel, assuming the vent cover is snapped into place with little tabs. That is, you may not be able to pry off the vent cover for fear of breaking its tabs. I think the panel is held in place with plugs. Your dealer should be able to advise you how to remove that piece - even just do it free of charge - depending on how service-orientated he is. Some of them are eager to help while others want to drain every last penny from your wallet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts