Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy y'all!

On my 3rd Odyssey, this one a 2018 Touring. Fortunately the AC is working here in south Texas. We've got a problem with the 3rd row seat that I'm wondering if any of you have solved yet. One of the 3rd row seats (happens to be the smaller one) does not fold down. Pulling the strap to fold it does nothing in other words, we are stuck in the up position. Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2020 Odyssey Elite
22 Posts
I have no idea, but the first thing that popped into my head, is maybe it's in a recline amount that doesn't allow folding (is that a thing? I'm very new to this car).

Maybe try the other strap (the recline one) and move it around to some different reclines and then keep trying the folding strap?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Happened to me too when I first bought the van. I had to keep playing and tugging on the cord. I also sat on it to make sure it was locked in place prior.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same thing is happening to me now, 2018 EXL, small seat in third row will not fold down in the trunk space. Seems like the floor lock is not releasing when I pull the strap, like it does for the double seat next to it. It worked fine for two years. Did anybody have similar issue?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same thing is happening to me now, 2018 EXL, small seat in third row will not fold down in the trunk space. Seems like the floor lock is not releasing when I pull the strap, like it does for the double seat next to it. It worked fine for two years. Did anybody have similar issue?
Exactly what mine did @FlorinD - I managed to get it down by jiggling things around, recline, unrecline, pulling the strap again. Mine is finicky I've determined basically. but it is way out of warranty by miles, so I'll deal with it!

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
573 Posts
It could maybe be a similar issue to what people have had in the 3rd gen forum with the recline cord not working because of a piece breaking on the inside of the seat where the cord attaches. If so, it could probably be fixed.

·
Registered
2018 EX-L w/RES
5 Posts
The dealership fixed it and just said a part on the latch had shifted and they adjusted it. I didn’t really get specifics other than that but there was nothing broken or replaced apparently.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts