Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just placed my deposit down on 2k2 EX with Navi :) We are expecting twins in January and have a 14 month old son now. I've been trying to decide the best configuration of car seats and have gotten some good ideas off of this board(Thanks!). My question/concern is having a car seat in the 3rd row and having it tethered will block a lot of the cargo space since the tether will cross the whole cargo area to the lower back wall. As you can imagine we will be toting a lot of gear around - twin and single stroller or god help us a triplet stroller and all the other stuff that goes along with having 3 kids under 2. Does anyone have another suggestion for anchoring the 3rd row child seat? Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
It is possible that the 2002 will revise the tether anchor locations. It will be interesting to see if they add LATCH for the 3rd row folding seat as well.

If it is the same as the 2001, your only option for tethering something in the 3rd row is one of the three anchor locations on the rear tailgate sill. Keep in mind that carseats must still pass minimum standards, even without a tether. Use of a tether allows them to meet a stricter standard. While it would not be "best practice", it is acceptable to detach the tether when it interferes with cargo. Just make sure to stow the tether safely so it isn't a flying object.

More information on current models is here:
http://www.car-safety.org/odyssey.html

I will update it as soon as I hear the configuration for 2002. Please post if you get this information! Thanks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You can optionally purchase two additional teather anchors that screw into the tailgate sill. These will allow car seats to be teathered at the outside locations of the third seat. This doesn't really solve your problem 100%, but it does eliminate the strap running right through the middle of the cargo area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts