Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys drive around with the 3rd row up or down? And why?

Wondering if I should get the trunk liner (which has to come out when the 3rd row is up, I think).

Or, if I should just get a trunk tray, but does anyone know if the OEM trunk tray interferes with stowing the 3rd row?

·
Registered
15 Posts
OEM trunk tray doesn’t interfere with stowing. I had the same one for 3 odysseys. It’s held up well. I usually keep 3rd row up for seating unless I’m moving something big or going to Costco.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Do you guys drive around with the 3rd row up or down? And why?
Our third-row seats are up and reclined back. We keep a milk crate and cooler in the cargo area, so when we need to use the third row for passengers, we don't have to move a bunch of stuff around. They're reclined back so it doesn't block the lower portion of the window in the rearview mirror.

Or, if I should just get a trunk tray, but does anyone know if the OEM trunk tray interferes with stowing the 3rd row?
The trunk tray does not interfere with the third row when stowing them away.

·
Registered
836 Posts
My rear seats are usually down. We're empty nesters and seldom have use for that many seats. We use the ody for longer trips and traveling. In our second seat area, the middle seat/armrest is also removed and we have a refrigerator between the seats.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Odyssey EX-L, Platinum White Pearl on Mocha Brown Leather
1,146 Posts
They're usually up. Two kids sit there full time. I leave booster in the right single seat and the one without booster sits on the double portion of third row. That way it can fold on its own if needed. It takes less than 5 minutes to take out the stroller and case if water from trunk and all the car seats from the car in case we need to move some cargo.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Yeah depends. Used to be my van was the go to vehicle for lunch trips with coworkers! Coved has changed that. They are up and down regularly so a rear cover would not be very helpful for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
402 Posts
We took ours completely out and used the Honda storage bins with the liner underneath. We get 52 bottles of water in the left bin alone. We have a custom mattress and stuff for sleeping. Great road trip van (y)
move your spare to your roof box if you have one, and you have additional space behind first row :D

·
Registered
2007 Odyssey EX-L
1,307 Posts
I like to keep mine up even though I don't regularly have passengers there. I like the trunk ditch area for putting things like groceries. Having a completely flat floor seems like the stuff in the trunk could move around too much.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Having a completely flat floor seems like the stuff in the trunk could move around too much.
That's exactly what my family's thought process was.

Does anyone have their seats stowed away with the trunk liner in place? Do your items in the trunk move around a lot?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Third row is always up... we only ever drive the van when we take people with us (2 kids in car seats get 2nd row captains chairs). The middle seat is stored in the garage.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
To each his own obviously, but we have always left our 3rd row folded down unless we had a need for it which was a couple times a year max. Now if you have 3 kids or are frequently carpooling for soccer that's a different story.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi. Had our van for 8 years. We usually keep the 3rd row down and have the weathertech cargo liner for the majority of the time. Our two boys sit in the 2nd row with the middle seat used in the folded position. The rear area is used for cargo and general stuff like groceries or kid’s equipment,etc. We rarely carry other people, but when needed, I roll up the cargo liner, flip the 3rd row up, and either remove the 2nd row middle seat (for passage way to the back) or leave the middle seat and just use the passenger side slide feature for egress. Just depends on the number of seats we need at the time. Love the flexibility.

Reactions: skelsall

·
Registered
13 Posts
My rear seats are usually down. We're empty nesters and seldom have use for that many seats. We use the ody for longer trips and traveling. In our second seat area, the middle seat/armrest is also removed and we have a refrigerator between the seats.
We configure the same as well. No kids and used for visitors, longer trips and hauling bigger items. We also remove the center console, but keep the rear seats up unless needed for big boxes. I use the cargo tray from my 2017 in the 2020 with no problems.

2020 Odyssey Elite

·
Registered
31 Posts
Up until couple months ago, we had 3rd row down and only used the first and second row like many of you. We are family of 3 and a dog.
Then I decided to take out the 2nd row seats. And have our daughter and dog on the 3rd row. This is big weight saving as those 2nd row seats are heavy as hell. My daughter loves the space in front of her and my dog actually runs around. And whenever I need to haul something long, I just fold the 3rd row seats.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts