Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get the same sun screen that the sliding doors have. There looks like a slot in the trim below the window where the screen would fit. but Honda dealer tells me there is nothing from Honda for the 3rd row window.
Is that true and if so what 3rd party supplier has a good alternative?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Sunshade Assembly, L Side Lining*NH900L* (Deep Black) - Honda (84680-THR-A01ZA)

Sent from my F3213 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great , that is a Honda part? so I get it from Honda only? the web site says it does not fit my 2019 EX. cant imagine why.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am trying to get the same sun screen that the sliding doors have. There looks like a slot in the trim below the window where the screen would fit. but Honda dealer tells me there is nothing from Honda for the 3rd row window.
Is that true and if so what 3rd party supplier has a good alternative?
I know the Elites have the 3rd row sunshade

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my panel has a cutout piece on it and I thought there was a screen under it until I tried it. now I see that it is a different from the door cutout piece. with our baby car seats in the middle, the rear seat is for adult #3. so its used a lot. I will go into dealer and look at their elite . thanks for the info.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you consider some nice ceramic tint? You won't have to go super dark to get the same benefits, and likely a lot less work.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was planning on adding the Elite sunshades but after trying to hunt parts it would end up costing about $200 and I went to the dealer and played with them, they're kinda flimsy, wasn't very impressed.

Got some magnetic curtains from amazon ($10), I'm trying those out, just installed them last night, got a road trip this weekend. Seem ok, just might be a permanent solution as I pulled the window trim to put them on the metal window frame.

Looks kinda bumpkins but it's better than nothing for my 4y/o in the third row.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what was involved with using the Elite shades? We plan on having this van for 20 years so I would like to have it correct if possible.
is it more than just popping out the existing insert and popping in the elite shades inserts?
if so then I will check on the ceramic tint for just those 2 windows.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have an Elite and I can tell you the sunshades are a joke. Aside from being flimsy, they are just downright dumb when you have to raise and lower it, every time you open the windows and they do not block the sun as they are supposed to. I have been seriously thinking about tinting the back 4 windows (no liftgate), but my wife keeps bitching I spent too much on cars.

I bought some static cling shades for temporary operation on Amazon (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B075V3R99Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
They are unsightly, but gets the job done better than the the sun shades (its an embarrassment to call it that). I will get it tinted one day though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I installed the elite sunshades in my EX-L, its pretty simple got the part on ebay removed the entire black trim piece, removed the EX-L cover held in by I think 7 screws, and then installed the sunshade. One thing to keep in mind is that the hook for the sunshade to attach to is not on the EX-L so you need to get the trim piece of an elite and install that as well. I put 3rd row speakers in so I had the elite trim piece already installed. I will try to post part numbers.

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
I installed the elite sunshades in my EX-L, its pretty simple got the part on ebay removed the entire black trim piece, removed the EX-L cover held in by I think 7 screws, and then installed the sunshade. One thing to keep in mind is that the hook for the sunshade to attach to is not on the EX-L so you need to get the trim piece of an elite and install that as well. I put 3rd row speakers in so I had the elite trim piece already installed. I will try to post part numbers.
how much did all that cost and time involved?

·
Registered
38 Posts
So the sunshades were about 100 bucks for both, I got one from ebay and one from the dealer. The pillar garnish was $90 for the pair, I put some $20 Hi-fonics speakers in them with some closed cell foam that I had and it took about 2-3 hours to install everything. I had my dad helping so if I was alone it may have taken 3-4 hours to do.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I wired the 3rd row speakers into the rear door speakers, there is a harness under the trim next to the sliding doors. I didn't bother taking any pictures because there are already threads on how to do this.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
7 Participants
zhr47
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing