Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Anybody knows what are all things to take care in 50,000 mile service for my 02 Ody. Please advice.
I am doing my service in local service station. Any important thing to take care.

Thanks
Raj.

·
Registered
14 Posts
keyless entry

Hello!,
I was hoping that someone could tell me how to tell if my 00 HONDA ODYSSEY has a factory installed remote entry system? when i purchased it I was told that it did, but i didnt purchase it from a Honda dealer and therefore the individual that i did purchase from wasnt sure how to tell and he had never had a remote for it. he said because of it being the gold pkg and a ??? lx or ex?? or something, it should have it. is there a code in the VIN or something? where would i look for it? the honda dealer that is closest said that i have to bring it to them and they will check... "now, what time can i make your appointment for?", in other words, he wants to charge me for looking for the system. if anyone has any idea what i could look for or something, please feel free to send your comments my way. I love this van, my wife purchased a new chevy trailblazer and i think the honda is not only a better ride, it is faster, and much less noisy.

·
Registered
115 Posts
lx or ex?

the answer is by determining whether you have an lx or ex

if u have power sliding doors you have an ex and yes also remote keyless entry

you can purchase key fobs @ H and A accessories dot com for about $70 ea

then programming them.... there should be instructions w/ the fobs or a search on this forum should also yield results

runmailscott

·
Registered
14 Posts
lx or es

hay thanks for the fast reply! awsome! i do have power sliding doors so i assume that means an "LX"? and all of these came with the keyless entry?:) :) and what is a fob?

·
Registered
115 Posts
power sliding doors = EX, you have an EX model

key fob = remote control

·
Registered
14 Posts
EX then..

is there a way to know exactually what part number would work for my EX?

i see G8D-440H-A FCC-ID # E4EG8DN? i wouldnt want to buy one that does not work..

·
Registered
14,669 Posts
Do use the search here for specific info on the key fobs (remotes) There was a change in them in 01 I think. You need to look up old posts to get the very specific numbers of the two kinds. The numbers are very close. They look exactly alike. The reason you didn't get any remotes is because they bring about $30.-40 on ebay. That's where I would look for one. You can also see if any members here have one laying around from trading an Ody in (the other reason used Odys don't have remotes) As runmailscott says, there are threads on here with the programming instructions.

Besides the link above for an owner's manual, here is one to Honda Corp's ownerlink website.

https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/login.asp?page=/prod_home.asp

Register there with your VIN number. You will then be told exactly what you have and if there are any outstanding recalls. By the way, this is not the vehicle to never see a dealer. A lot of stuff the local mechanic just can't handle. The wrong fluids can be fatal. Many things they are used to doing just don't get done. Download the manual and follow the maint. schedule there. Be aware that low mileage vans sometimes need things based on time. This one gets everybody: Change the brake fluid every three years regardless of mileage. Yea I know you have never done this in any car before. You would rather replace the ABS controller perhaps?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts