Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have an '01 EX with factory radio. I purchased a Peripheral (www.peripheral-aamp.com) adapter to go with an Alpine CHM-S601 CD changer that I have had for 5 years. It works great!! For $60 I now have a 6 disk CD changer that is fully functional with the stock radio - all CD changer functions work.

My advise would be to look for a used Alpine "M-Bus" CD changer, purchase the interface adapter from Peripheral or Blitz-Safe and save $$. Check ebay for the changer.

An alternative is to purchase a USA Spec. CD changer from Crutchfield ($300) and you won't need the interface adapter.

I mounted my Alpine changer (which looks identical to the Honda unit except for the logo) under the front driver's seat. Mounting was a little tricky because I made my own brackets but you can purchase the Honda CD changer mounting kit from HandA for about $50 to make it easier.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by wallstreet123456:
Anyone have the 6 disc changer that does NOT go in the dsh/ If so where is it mounted? How much did it cost?

Steven
</font>
Hi Steve,

Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!

The remote 6 disk changer mounts under the drivers seat in most cases. If you opt for the Kelton subwoofer, the remote CD player has to be relocated to the passenger side because the Kelton is designed to be located under the drivers seat. That means if you've got an EX and want the remote CD changer and the Kelton subwoofer, you have to sacrifice the under seat cargo tray on the passenger side.

If you've got an EX-NAVI and want both the changer and subwoofer, you're out of luck. They won't fit, a least not in the places that they were originally designed to go.

I was originally opting for the remote CD changer. I didn't want to sacrifice the cubby hole under the radio on the dash. Then HandA Accessories offered that little "in dash CD player / subwoofer combo" special and I opted for that. As it turns out, I don't miss the cubby hole under the radio at all and it's really nice to have the CD player up on the dash where it's easier to get to.

FWIW,
Good Luck & Drive Safe
Steve R.

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by wallstreet123456:
Anyone have the 6 disc changer that does NOT go in the dsh/ If so where is it mounted? How much did it cost?

Steven
</font>
My SONY 6 disc changer is in an aftermarket center console. I had to drill some holes to get the wires through but other than that the mounting was pretty easy.

You can check out the pics in the GALLERY section under "Nemogira". Or click on the link in my sig.

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

1 - 4 of 4 Posts