Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got mine from Dalts. I don't thing I could screw up a one plug install. But when playing th cd in th changer it plays in mono only. But using the single CD it works fine. What gives?

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
So are you saying the output is identical left/right, or only one channel plays(either left or right)?

------------------
-SJ (former username: shinjohn)
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Instead of 4 speaker sound. I only get one. (right front) But this is not the case with the radio/ standard CD. I have played with the fader/balance but it has no impact except when not using the 6-disc.

Help!

·
Registered
127 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by markslc1:
Instead of 4 speaker sound. I only get one. (right front) But this is not the case with the radio/ standard CD. I have played with the fader/balance but it has no impact except when not using the 6-disc.

Help!
</font>
Since your original radio/CD player works okay, you probably have either a connector problem or a harness problem between the new in dash changer and your original head unit. Before you replace the new changer, you should check out those two possibilities first-they are the cheapest problems to solve.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by odyfox:
Since your original radio/CD player works okay, you probably have either a connector problem or a harness problem between the new in dash changer and your original head unit. Before you replace the new changer, you should check out those two possibilities first-they are the cheapest problems to solve.

</font>
Something seems fishy here. Had one side been out but the fader still worked, I'd agree with Jeff's assessment and point to a connection issue, but maybe you have an electrical issue.

Now maybe I don't know the Honda Molex output, but usually these accessories (such as CD changer, tape deck, etc..) only have 2 channel output (L/R). Then the head unit does a duplication of the signal for F/R. I could be totally off base here, but only one speaker working out of 4 sounds like a head unit issue to me.

It's probably worth a shot to do what Jeff said though; visually inspect all connectors/connections b/w the head unit and changer. Also check the head unit and changer's connection pins for damage. Then use a multimeter to check continuity of all the wires of that particular connection harness. That way you can easily answer that portion of the question.

Good luck, keep us posted.. perhaps let us know what happens after you check wiring....

------------------
-SJ (former username: shinjohn)
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

·
Registered
127 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by shindog:
Something seems fishy here. Had one side been out but the fader still worked, I'd agree with Jeff's assessment and point to a connection issue, but maybe you have an electrical issue.

Now maybe I don't know the Honda Molex output, but usually these accessories (such as CD changer, tape deck, etc..) only have 2 channel output (L/R). Then the head unit does a duplication of the signal for F/R. I could be totally off base here, but only one speaker working out of 4 sounds like a head unit issue to me.

It's probably worth a shot to do what Jeff said though; visually inspect all connectors/connections b/w the head unit and changer. Also check the head unit and changer's connection pins for damage. Then use a multimeter to check continuity of all the wires of that particular connection harness. That way you can easily answer that portion of the question.

Good luck, keep us posted.. perhaps let us know what happens after you check wiring....

</font>
Shindog,

Good point on the fader-if it doesn't silence the working speaker in one position, then there might be an inner problem with the deck. I also got a Dalt's changer but have not yet installed it-hopefully I won't have any more data for this thread! I am waaaay behind on my Ody work-my son's Astro van engine seized up, so we sold it to a mechanic friend and got him a new Civic so Dad (me) would have some time to spend on accessorizing the Ody and my Volvo 850 instead of constantly reviving the Astro (it was definitely in the "assisted-living" category and quckly moving into the "life-support" category). Oh yeah, I'm already stockpiling accessories for the Civic-I can't help myself!

------------------
2001 EX
iVES
Infinity 652s/452s/105ts
Honda Wood Dash
Wheel Locks
Cargo Tray
Cargo Mat
Cargo Cover
Roof Rails
Cassette Player
Heartland console