Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is to inform all members that Middlegate Honda in Burnaby, BC, Canada is advertising the Honda In-dash changer for $199.00. This may only be for a short period so you may want to act on it now!!! The Phone Number is 604-525-4667. I don't know if they ship to the states but you can always ask!!!

------------------
2002 EX-L,

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry it won't happen, I heard that Paul Martin gave a thumbs down to it!!!

Allen

·
Registered
3 Posts
We ordered ours from Dalts Honda in Canada. I think it came out to $165 including shipping to Alabama.

Of course, we ordered it several months before we got our Odyssey. :) Hubby says installation was easy. Thanks to the others on this forum for the tip.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I am the hubby from the previous post. Installation was a snap, following directions I printed from the HandA-Accessories.com page. Only one thing I would change is where to start yanking to get the initial dash piece off. Oh, and I ended up with 2 extra screws that I can't seem to figure out (in addition to the ones holding the thing that was there on). It took me maybe 30 minutes after I got the initial piece off. A friend of mine and I did his CRV, and it was a major pain, but not this one.

Anyone know why the Canadians can sell stuff so much cheaper than the states?

·
Registered
483 Posts
We use 'Monopoly' money, that's why
Seriously, I think it's because of the foreign exchange factor. It would seem cheap to our brothers/sisters in the south but it's damn expensive to us. Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi,

I want to get the in-dash cd changer, but the Middlegate Honda telling me I need a installation kit for $98 CDN . Is it necessary? I ask the guy if it comes with the cable, he said it is in the kit, not on the player that attach to the CD player.

I have 99 EX , any one can help me? Is Candian unit different than US unit?

Thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
I looked for the instructions for a 99 on the HandA-Accessories.com page, and they were the same for 99 - 2002. If it is the same, you should be able to take off the part of the dash surrounding the stereo pretty easy (instructions say start yanking in one place, I had better luck starting near the steering column), and then you can see if you need anything special. The 2002 that I just did was a cinch, about 30 minutes not knowing what I was doing. A friend of mine has a CRV, and it was more of a pain. It did have a mounting kit, but they didn't sell us one. We had to do some garage engineering, but it still worked out fine. If you need any more info from my end let me know and I'll give you my email if it isn't listed somewhere. I'm pretty sure the canadian and us parts are the same.

·
Registered
71 Posts
turnipgreen,

Thanks for your reply. What kind of garage engineering did you do? I am handy, so garage engineering is not a problem. So, your CD- changer doesn't come with a cable that connect to the existing CD player? I checked with my local dealer, the CD changer they sell have the connector build-in. Like what it show on the installation instruction from the HandA, and it didn't mention a kit, instead, reuse all the parts. I know Accord need a kit for pre-2001.

So, you can e-mail me on what you did to make it work. I am planning to get the unit, just the no cable part had me confused. Thanks.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yur,
Sorry, don't know how to figure out your email.

The Odyssey was a cinch. The cable was built in with the cd player, plugs directly into the existing radio. On the 2002 the mounting bracket needed is already on the existing stereo, all you have to do is remove the tray you are replacing and attach the cd changer. The hardest part for me was getting the dash cover thing off.

On the CRV the installation kit was nothing more than a mounting bracket for each side. When I asked about it they said that they didn't even use it, they just got some strips of metal and made a bracket themselves. That's what we did, except we used pieces of a hose clamp, used a punch to make the necessary screw holes, then used a grinder to take off the sharp edges. Other than that attaching the thing on the CRV was a snap, but getting the dash apart was a much larger pain. We had to take off about half a dozen pieces to get to the stereo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts