Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI, I know many are devoted to Tracy, but I got my 7 year/100,000 $0 deductible warranty for $850 from Steve Larson at Dan Porter motors. His number is (800) 626-3231. He was very good about getting me the paperwork and easy to deal with, so I just wanted to give him due props. Anybody who is buying an '02, don't pay any more than what Steve or Tracy will get it for you for. The least my dealer would go was about $900 for the 6 year. I think he was in shock when I said no and told him what I was willing to pay.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've been following these discussions for a while. This may be a silly question, but what all do these warranties cover? Is it bumper to bumper anything goes, or are certain things excluded?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
If it is the HondaCare warranty we are talking about, it does NOT simply extend the factory warranty. Actually, none of the "extended warranty" offers I have seen do this. Most, including HondaCare, exclude some items. Most noteably excluded from HondaCare are body parts such as lights, lenses, paint, glass, door handles, and so forth. Make sure the $850 policy you were offered is a HondaCare policy, and that it is the ZERO deductible. That way you know you are comparing apples to apples.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Shoot. I just called him yesterday and left a voicemail. I guess I will file in the forms and return it to Tracy since its the same price and so many have been happy dealing with Tracy. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Before I bought my HondaCare from Tracy {Alton Blakeley), I did contact Steve Larson. Someone in his office, quoted me a ridiculous amount like $1200, even when I quoted the forums. So my guess is, unless you talk to Steve, its anybodys guess what the price would be.

I promptly steered away to Tracy.

·
Registered
100 Posts
When was the last time you guys talked to Tracy? I left her 2 email and 1 voice messages over the last few weeks but haven't heard back yet.

Meanwhile, Steve quoted me $950 and sent me the form the next day. What good is Tracy's $875 price if she doesn't return my messages?

-- Hoa

·
Registered
36 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by soldbear:
When was the last time you guys talked to Tracy? I left her 2 email and 1 voice messages over the last few weeks but haven't heard back yet.

Meanwhile, Steve quoted me $950 and sent me the form the next day. What good is Tracy's $875 price if she doesn't return my messages?

-- Hoa
</font>

Soldbear,

The best thing to do is to email Tracy with all of your mailing information. Unfortunately I forgot where I put her email address. She most likely wont return your email but you'll find your information in the mail in no time.

JimmyG

[This message has been edited by JimmyG (edited 01-29-2002).]

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JimmyG:

Soldbear,

The best thing to do is to email Tracy with all of your mailing information. Unfortunately I forgot where I put her email address. She most likely wont return your email but you'll find your information in the mail in no time.

JimmyG

</font>
I finally got the packet in the mail. It took a phone call, I got zero response to several follow-up e-mails I sent.

·
Registered
530 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JimmyG:

Soldbear,

JimmyG

</font>
I thought I wasn
t going to hear from her, but I got information in the mail today. The price is $875 and there is a surcharge of $40 12/12,000 and $60 24/24000 seems like a good deal.

[This message has been edited by moose (edited 01-30-2002).]

·
Registered
28 Posts
Got my packet today, 11 days after the second request, postmarked 1/24/02.

------------------
2002 EP LX
1998 Civic DX, Cyclone Blue Metallic

Previous Hondas:
1992 Civic LX, Red
1987 Prelude, Gray (totaled in 2000 w/188k miles)
1978 Accord, Red

Other cars:
1982 Ford EXP (We all make mistakes!)
1969 Olds Delta 88 (with 10 speed bike in back seat in case it broke down)

Other:
2000 Yardman mower with a Honda engine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts