Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife stopped in Sam's Club today for an errand. We scoped out the Electronic area to see what options exist for mobile video units. We found a product by a company called Mobilevision
http://www.mobilevisions.com

It's an ABS console designed to fit on the floor between the driver and passenger seats. The units came with a 9" inch color monitor(Not LCD) and a DVD unit built in. It also has 4 cup holders built in. It's made of sturdy ABS plastic in either Gray or Tan color to match some interiors. The price was an affordable $449! We haven't bought one yet. The link above doesn't list it yet? Either way it looks really compact and could fit well into the floor space after being anchored to the seat brackets. It also is really nice looking, but does prevent access to the rear seating area by either driver or passenger. If you check the link out it will show info for the other consoles they make minus displaying the actual model 3001TN-K 9" TV/DVD console unit. Hope this is helpful to others

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Updated! Went back to Sam's club to check the details on the carton. I mention 4 Cup holders when actually there are 2! Asked a clerk to open up the carton for dimensions.
Length: 30.5 Width: 11 Height 15. Weight is 44lbs of the unit. The fasteners are 3 or 4 square patches of velcro on the console bottom to stick to the carpet. Anyone use other options to mount consoles to carpet more securely than use velcro?

·
Registered
52 Posts
This system has been on this forum a few times previously (towards the latter quarter of last year). I saw it at Sams also and it looks pretty good if you do not mind looking down towards the monitor. It is obviously not roof-mounted which has numerous advantages (I read on this forum that looking down can sometimes lead to nausea and experienced that with other similar systems in the past). I also do not think it is a "high resoltion" system.
But there is no denying that this appears a good system for the price. [I did go ahead with a 7" high resolution roof mounted system with DVD, VCP, wireless headphones, etc. for about twice Sam's price (installed by Circuit City) from TheAutoAccessries.com and am quite satisfied with that - Sams' system was my next choice, though!].

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.