Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello fellow man van owners, i have a 95 ody that suddenly died on me last week. my wife was driving to the store and the van just ded out of nowhere. now when i go t start it it only cranks but doesnt start. while im cranking i get a gas smell coming from the egine somewhere? i replaced the cap n rotor and still nothing. i checked all the fuses and they are all good im in the process of buying the dizzy but if anyone knows what it might be please let me know. you can text me or write on here please.

my number 951-719-4688 im located in Hemet ca near sanjacinto if any locl mechanic reads up on this thanks in advance fam.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The engine needs 3 things to run: air, fuel, spark

You say it smells of fuel, so 1 should be covered. Pull a plug, reattach to wire, lay it on the valve cover and try to start it. You (or someone else) should see the spark when doing so. If not, that could be your issue.

Is the timing belt intact?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so heres the update. i changed the dizzy and now it wants to start but i noticed my battery gets drained when i try to crank the engine.

as of the spark i do get it and the smell of gas is still there. i noticed the van wants t start but thn cuts out. like i stated abve when i do my battery light comes on and so does the oil? im stuck and this is the first thing that goes wrng with my ody... should i take her to a doctor (mechanic) or just see what happends once i carge the battery?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts