Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month and a half ago, my son overheated his Odyssey, apparently warping the head. We found rebuilt parts on ebay along with water pump timing belts tensioners and gasket kit.
Last week reassembled the engine, water pump, timing belts and it started right up!
My son drove it that night and the next day, but then it wouldn't start, acting like the timing was off.
So today schedules finally allow us to look at it and it appears that the timing belt was off 3 teeth so we fix that and try to start it and viola! it starts like a new engine, so we shut it down so we can button it up and it won't start again.
What have I missed?
Should we readjust the valves?
I am at a loss, can anyone shed some light?

TIA

swampstomper

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a similar issue. ( my ignition rotor wore out and when my sister replaced it she didnt match up the timing so i ended up bending a couple valves) my dad replaced all thing things you did. I know that there was one gear we had trouble finding the timing. but we had to adjust the valves and there could be a chance that something got ben because it was being drivin out of time. Im no a expert but this is just from experience

1 - 2 of 2 Posts