Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i was wondering if someone could help me, i changed my front pads on both sides and now i dont have any brakes they go right to the floor, the piston doesnt seem to be moving at all on both sides i tried bleeding them and nothing seems to happen just air keeps coming out and a few splashes of fluid, heres what i did once i had the new pads in place and i tried putting the caliber back on the piston wouldnt compress i pumped the brakes a few times and the piston came out, so i drained the brake fluid out of it and put it back in with great difficulty once i got it back in i got it bolted back on and thought pumping the brakes would fill it back up with fluid so i put the tire back on and went to the other side on that side i got the new pads in place and this time stupidly i just unscrewed the brake line and let the fluid drain out so i could compress the piston got it back bolted on and tried pumping them and they just went to the floor, so i tried bleeding them doing the passenger side first and all it did was release a little bit of air and the odd spit of fluid,fluid just didnt seem to want to get back to the piston, i looked and could see the piston still compressed after several times of pumping the brakes, so i got it pressed back out from screwing the bolt into it without the brake line on, and then putting everything back to how it should be, so im wondering did i screw things up badley or am i doing something wrong and what can i do to fix it, thanks

·
Registered
455 Posts
to the floor, the piston doesnt seem to be moving at all on both sides i tried bleeding them and nothing seems to happen just air keeps coming out and a few splashes of fluid
Most likely, there's your problem.

When you disconnected the brake line, you drained all of the fluid out. You'll need to reinstall everything and properly bleed the whole system again. <<That means your front and rear calipers. Any air *whatsoever* in the lines will cause your pedal to go down to the floor and your brakes will not function correctly.

Even a small pocket of air will make it's way up through your brake lines, then seep into other brake lines, your ABS Unit, and your Master Cylinder when you have an issue like this. Basically, compromising the whole brake system.

I don't want to sound like a jerk here, but it sounds as though you really don't know what you're doing. You should consult a professional before you hurt yourself and/or anyone ese. Again, I'm just trying to steer you in the right direction.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts