Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've been doing my homework for two days here and on other sites trying to figure what this transmission code is but I cant find no answer. It all started because of my srs light which I decided to troubleshoot which it gave me a 5-1 code BUT my D4 started flashing a code as well no cel. It gave me one slow flash which means 10 and 7 quick flashes and then 8 quick flashes and it kept repeating the same codes back to back. So if im not mistaking its reading 17 or 18 or 178?!! Im kind of confuse. Can anyone help me out? One thing i can say is that my ody does crank for like 4 seconds before she starts and im getting like 10mpg on mix city and hwy. I just bought this RA1 thinking i was gonna be saving some money on gas compared to my 2nd gen which i just sold. But this one is worse. :(

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Just leafing through my factory shop manual. Likely codes 1, 7 and 8 as there is no 17 or 18. No way I am typing out all the trouble shooting for those codes, but it involves the lock-up clutch, and shift solenoids a and b. Does it shift okay?

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Just flipped to the PGM-FI section and 17 is the vehicle speed sensor circuit and 8 is the TDC sensor circuit. Those are more likely the culprit for poor mileage and long cranking times.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mjody said:
Just flipped to the PGM-FI section and 17 is the vehicle speed sensor circuit and 8 is the TDC sensor circuit. Those are more likely the culprit for poor mileage and long cranking times.
Oh ok thanks I appreciate your help. So it doesn't matter if it was the D4 light flashing instead of the CEL to give me them codes? She doesn't have any shifting problems but I do know I need mounts.

·
Registered
93 Posts
d4 flashing=speed sensor next ting the odometer goes crazy:stupid: and start to do a misfire so don't wait to get more bad

·
Registered
14 Posts
D4 blinking is a transmission code from the TCU, not an engine related code from the ECU.

You are correct the long flash counts as 10. Since the transmission codes only go up to 15 it can't be 17, so it must be 3 codes, 10, 7, and 8.

I can scan the pages in the FSM if you like, but first thing I would do is check the shift solenoid connections, and check the resistance from the transmission case to the negative battery terminal. The resistance should be a couple ohms or less. If it is more you should replace you negative battery cable. OEM is best but a generic one from napa will work.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Very helpful. I will look into these today. I have shifting problems and my CEL comes on from time to time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts