Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would it take to put a 91 accord engine in a 95 Odyssey. I wrecked my car and there's a van in the junk yard that needs an engine. Mine is f22a and the van is f22b (I think), but I don't know the difference. Also, I'm changing the head gasket on a 94 accord and found the timing covers in bad shape. I find listings for 90-93, 95-97...but not 94. Can I modify the 95-97 (Cardone) for the 94.
I have a wrecked 91 Accord with a good engine that I'd love to put in the van and I'm fixing a 94 accord with a blown head gasket (and broken timing covers). I was told that the Odyssey block is different and the Accord engine won't bolt up. Would appreciate any coherent advice. I'm new to forums, anyone with input is welcome to email me at [email protected]

Thanks, D

·
Registered
930 Posts
Yes it will for the most part drop in. Plugs on harness will be slightly different but its good its a 95 ody cause its obd1 like your 91 Accord. Ody Trans will also bolt up. The only thing im wondering about is the ecu compatibility? The other thing is your going to flooring it all the time.....your Accord has like 125hp and the odyssey came with 140. Time for boost;-)

·
Registered
725 Posts
motor will drop right in use all controls and intake off old odyssey.
you will need to use the header and down pipe from the accord as they are diffrent -0-0-0-0- as the odyssy is -0-00-0-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts