Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weird thing....

Car sitting in the driveway, came out one morning and the window is busted. Looked like someone hit it, called the police they said it appears heat related.

I have a hard time believing that myself, I'll see if I can get a picture posted.

Trying to get it replaced and local glass places are telling me its a dealer item and a special order with a cost of $300 plus to replace.

Good gravy this car is turning into a money pit. Anyone have a line on a place to get a replacement that's not going to take a week to get fixed?

·
Registered
455 Posts
I would also have a hard time believing that it was "Heat Related". It looks like hit by something near the lower part of the window.

Maybe the police dept near you didn't want to file an accident or vandalism report because it was more paperwork for them...dunno.

My flagpole in my yard fell down and hit the small front corner (triangle) window on my 96 Odyssey this past April, and I found a replacement on ebay for $50.

This place on ebay looks like they're parting out a 1st gen Odyssey. Send them a question and ask about the rear quarter panel window.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I can loan you my shop manual for instructions on replacing it, unless you're going to have a glass company do it for you.

·
Registered
332 Posts
The cost is actually about $60-$100.... you have to at least try to haggle for it.... Find a glass guy that has his own business and offer $150 w install he makes money and you save money... This is why I still have full coverage.. it's only about $70 per month..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts