Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there..

A few years ago I managed to bust the rear washer pump for my 96 Ody (Summer fluid in winter. whoops.)

The front pump still works fine, but when I try to do the rear spray, there is no sound or anything.

Looking on Ebay and such, I can only seem to find washer pumps that are replacements for the front ones.. Can anyone tell me the part number I should be looking for for a replacement rear one? I'd finally like to be able to clean my rear window again without having to stop at a gas station.

Thanks!

-sk

·
Registered
42 Posts
honda say the rear pump part no. is 38512-sf0-jo1. it is a differant part no. than front one. the way i test the ciruict is to un plug the pump and put a test light between the termail in the conector and have some one operate the switch. wire colors are green/black and black. it's the rear most pump in the bottle

·
Registered
263 Posts
HiJack! '96 Rear WIPER blade

Sorry to hijack, but trying to conserve topics.

Have you ever replaced the REAR WIPER BLADE on the '96 Odyssey. I went to buy one and the auto store had no listing and also told me it required a "wiper arm assembly" from the dealer. Sounds crazy.

I was planning to rig something but wanted to ask first.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: HiJack! '96 Rear WIPER blade

MindEddy said:
Sorry to hijack, but trying to conserve topics.

Have you ever replaced the REAR WIPER BLADE on the '96 Odyssey. I went to buy one and the auto store had no listing and also told me it required a "wiper arm assembly" from the dealer. Sounds crazy.

I was planning to rig something but wanted to ask first.

Thanks.
I bought an Aftermarket one, and basically the issue is while it looks like you can pull the wiper blade off and just replace that (as you do in front), that doesn't appear to be the case.

You actually have to REMOVE the whole wiper and the bracket from the end of the arm. (This seems really, really counter intuitive when you do it. I was paranoid I was breaking something.)

Like, hmm

J

picture the bottom of the J as the end of the wiper arm, and the top the part that goes back to the motor. There is basically a bracket you have to pull up a metal tab to remove at the end of the arm (so essentially the J would become an l)

And then any proper replacement wiper should have a new bracket that will slide into the wiper blade and also slide onto the now bare wiper arm.

If this doesnt make sense let me know and I'll try and sort it out clearer.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thanks for the response. I will try and look at it closer this weekend. I was thinking I would 'rig' it somehow last year, but then got distracted a few months...and just noticed the 6 year old wiper blade is about gone...lol.

So, I gotta do something. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts