Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here, someone from another site suggested this so here I am.

Does anyone know where the OBDII connector is located on a 1996 Shuttle/Odyssey. I'm trying to run my scanner on it.

Here's what I think I know and have checked:
1996 Shuttle, UK version.
Manual in Italian and can't tell if it's OBDII. I will check Monday with a co-worker.
From searching online and pictures; documented to be on the right of center console. No.
Checked behind passenger side lower storage box. No.
Checked under the steering wheel. No.
Checked under the hood for markings. No.

Possibilities: This is the year that it changed from OBDI to OBDII and it may have been produced early?
Different standards for OBDII in Europe?
Behind the passenger side lower storage box where I thought it was suppose to be, there is a 2 and 3-pin blue connector going into a blank blue box with no wires going out of it. Make a pigtail to go into a OBDII connector?

Suggestions?

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Are you sure the foreign vans are OBDII compatable with the US?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I didn't find anything but took some pictures.

On the passenger side in the front seat laying on your back looking up. This is under the lower storage compartment. The blue piece are the connectors that I was talking about earlier.

Right side of center console area. Is that metal part that is open suppose to hold the OBDII connector?

·
Registered
42 Posts
the blue conectors are obd 1 test conectors. the two wire one if you jump to gether, you get can get codes from the check engine light flashing. the three wire is for scanner. just a like u.s. 95 odyssey:)

·
Registered
725 Posts
yes your van is obd1 do as cfhcar said. remove the blue conector with the two wires and just jump them and turn the key to the on position and count the blinks the motor light gives

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
My 96 has the 13 pin connector on the p/s lower console area behind the cover.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the blue conectors are obd 1 test conectors. the two wire one if you jump to gether, you get can get codes from the check engine light flashing. the three wire is for scanner. just a like u.s. 95 odyssey:)
yes your van is obd1 do as cfhcar said. remove the blue conector with the two wires and just jump them and turn the key to the on position and count the blinks the motor light gives
Thanks! The next time I'll be able to check it out will be this weekend. Don't tell me I get to go back to counting the short and long blinks.:noo:

I thought I was going to be able to use it for this car too.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Thanks! The next time I'll be able to check it out will be this weekend. Don't tell me I get to go back to counting the short and long blinks.:noo:

I thought I was going to be able to use it for this car too.

lol yes sad to say you will need to go back to counting the short and long blinks ..

mjody your van is 96 also but us spec so its obd II

1 - 11 of 11 Posts