Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, Just recently replaced my 98' Ody Cat with an after market, everything went well with the exception that the cat is 1.5-2" longer then the previous cat and it pushed my exhaust to the rear by 2" and now the muffler vibrates against the muffler heat shield when I am in reverse, forward is fine no noise any suggestions on how to eliminate the vibration? Also after putting in my new cat and O2 sensor my engine check light is on, I am assuming that using an OBD reader will reset this?

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
i assume the aftermarket cat is a highflow or less resistance unit? This could throw off the readings that you were getting before.. hence the CEL.

To remedy the rattling... easiest and cheapest option would be to remove the heatshield! A more expensive route would be to go get 1.5-2'' of exhaust pipe cut and welded out.

The CEL is on because the ecu is used to your old readings, not the ones that the new parts are giving. Resetting the ECU is simple and might remedy your situation!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Removing the heat shield is the easy solution to the rattle. Just don't park in a pile of leaves or over other flamables with a hot tail pipe!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for everyone's advice I will try to take it off tonight and will check back in. Thanks again.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts