Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody done this? Any wire changes? Can you use a tcu from any other models without running into problems? Thanks.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Not an easy swap, plus there are very few benefits to using the trans with grade logic.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No use putting alot of work into something with little benifits. How about the tcu from an Accord or prelude? I have a 95 with an h22. I think my tcu is going bad after researching my trans symptoms.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another question. Would you guys be really worried about your trans if it rev d up a little before shifting into 3rd? I tried my tcu out of my 91 accord. It shifted great for the first mile then back to the same thing. I then found out my accord tcu had burn marks inside so its on its way out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought I had read awhile back that some improvements had made to the 97/98 transmission . Has anyone else heard this?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Im not sure what "improvements" you are looking for but mine has 251,000 miles on it and drives like a champ. No issues whatsoever and I do change the fluid every 30K miles.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My transmission has been "flaring" before going into third. So that's what got my looking at transmission options. I wasn't sure if there would be a better choice to match up to the h22. Manual is an option according to my wife lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts