Honda Odyssey Forum banner
201 - 217 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
happy w/ody

Picked up my Ody back on Nov.12th from Honda of Lisle. Flew in from Cleveland and arrived at dealership around 10:30am. My van was ready and Stephanie and John handled all my questions professionally and with great pleasure! 100% satisfied with the Honda Team at Lisle.....thanks Jeff Carr!!

Luv the Ody so far....but can anybody tell me how to turn my interior lights off in the second/third row without pushing the button on the dashboard????Why wont they go out when you leave it on door mode???

·
Registered
18 Posts
Smooth Transaction

I picked up my van on Saturday Nov 19. I flew from MD and got there 8:30am, rented a car to Lisle. It took me 1/2 hr. from the airport to honda superstore. It was too bad that Jeff was there so, I did not have a chance to shake his hand. Stephanie and Sam took very good care of me. Sam Gage is a very GREAT salesperson that I have ever met! I highly recommend Sam if you can choose the salesperson. He is extreamly nice and professional. You will not be disappointed. I wish every salesperson can be like him. The transaction went smootly. The price was exactly right as promised. My wife and I spent time a while with Sam to go over the van. We are very happy with the van. My van has 23 miles when I picked up.
Thank you very much Jeff for this deal and transaction. I would like to thank Sam as well for the great service that you provided to us.

CP

·
Registered
684 Posts
Re: happy w/ody

kevin fitzgeral said:
Luv the Ody so far....but can anybody tell me how to turn my interior lights off in the second/third row without pushing the button on the dashboard????Why wont they go out when you leave it on door mode???
They are individually operating map lights. Simply push the entire light in, one at a time, and they should shut off. Congrats on the new van!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Actually, we have over 21,000 members!
Haha... shows how busy I have been. It seemed like 'just yesterday' when Odyclub broke the 10,000 mark! Oh, those were the days...

On that Finance Manager, I might have been tempted to ask him to bet on it if he didn't believe you, and then brought your Honda Care paperwork showing the price you paid in to him.
He was a moron. He was also full of the 'but, it's a Honda' rhetoric. It never fails to amaze me that the vast majority of dealerships/employees I come into contact with have little to ZERO knowledge of car enthusiast sites/recalls/problems/reports/etc. But they sure as hell will verse you on their CSI 'report card' and tempt you with a free oil change/similar.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just wanted to extend a public thanks to Jeff and everyone at Honda of Lisle who helped us with this transaction. I know I complained earlier about the lack of communication and the "waiting game", but in the end they came through like champs!

My story is a bit long, but here goes:

My van arrived at the dealership on Nov 5th. I live in Atlanta, Ga, and had originally planned to fly up and drive it home. However, a few weeks ago, I was talking with a neighbor and he gave me the name of a lady he knew that coordinated auto transportation trucks for a local dealer he knew. I called her, and she quoted me $350 for transporting the van from Chicago to Atlanta, which was about half the price of the other quotes I got on the web and only slightly more than it was going to cost to fly up and drive back. So, I decided to have her transport the van to us instead.

I informed Jeff of this and he overnighted the paperwork to us. I then contacted the lady and she said that she would have a driver in Chicago on that Friday (the 11th) and that he would pick it up then. I wired Jeff the payment and overnighted the signed paperwork back, and Jeff had the van prepped and ready to go on Friday (thanks again, Jeff). However, my carrier never showed up. I was having a very hard time getting in touch with the carrier, so I decided to mention it to my neighbor. After talking for a while, he asked me where the vehicle was. He said,you're not going to believe this, but I am driving up to Chicago tonight (it was the 17th at this point) to see family and I would be happy to drive the vehicle back for you (he was staying 8 miles from the dealership).

So, anyway, long story short, the van is here and it is in perfect shape. It has 850 miles on it, but that's a small price to pay compared to the money that I saved over the greedy local dealers we have here. My neighbor was so impressed with the Ody that I'm pretty sure he will be buying one the next time Jeff offers this deal (hint, hint).

We have been getting by with just one vehicle for about a month because my truck sold a lot faster than I expected, so the Ody is a welcome sight in our garage. Even our 2 year old daughter is excited. She literally shook with glee when I pulled down the RES screen to show it to her.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Re: Have you heard anything mvpexcalibur?

rprobst said:
I thought that since you were going crazy waiting last time we heard from you, that I would either annoy you more with a "have you heard?" message or you will respond that you received a reply and are picking up your van.

My van is still purring at 4000 miles in less than two months--so let us know what is up?

My prediction is that you have heard something? right? hopefully? Do tell--
Yep ... we were on vacation overseas when Jeff email me. Did not check my email till we came back a few days ago. Going to pick it up on the Dec 15th since I have to be gone next week ...
Guess I am the last one to pick it up ??

·
Registered
227 Posts
So the moral of the story is . . . . it's perfect!

that the Honda Superstore deal was a great deal with Jeff Carr and although the waiting for some was a killer . .. Jeff Carr came through for EVERYONE who ordered and came through on time.

That is unprecedented in the history of car purchasing--to have so many unrelated people get the same deal from the same dealer.

For those of us who purchased from out of state it was even better since we did not have access to the competitive Chicago market otherwise (would have cost more where we lived) and it was an added assurance to know that Jeff offered deals in the past and had come through on those deals for Odyclub members.

The beauty of this forum is that you can be totally honest and explain the process and your experience to others even if it isn't perfect, but the KEY fact to remember is that while a part of your purchase experience may have a hiccup or to because of factors Jeff can't personally control, (Salesmen/workload/etc) OVERALL based on the many comments received in this thread it was a PERFECT experience for all since the cars were delivered as promised for the price promised and that is 99% of what people want.

Thanks Jeff!

·
Registered
6 Posts
still waiting...but have VIN

Just an FYI, jeff has been in contact with me. I now at long last have a VIN number and an expected date of arrival for my van.

I think I may be the last to be receiving my $99 deal van. I selected a touring with dvd and nav. So mine was likely a little harder for jeff to get.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great Service by Jeff Carr & Sam Gage

We picked up the van on 12/15 and the whole process was "painless". IF we have the choice again, I would buy it again from Jeff.
Sam Gage was excellent. He went over the features without our asking and was very patient.
The only item that they forget to give us was the MSO (kinda like Birth Cert for the van) and left Sam a message. Sam called me back to follow up that they will send it to us. As I am typing this, the DHL van drop off the package for the MSO.

Overall, the experience was excellent. And, we love the EX-L (w Nav and RES) - the van is great !

Too bad we can't use their service as we live in MN. Their service center is packed with customers - must be good .. I guess.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just a last followup. I picked up my touring on jan 2nd. Jeff had "Z" one of his sales guys waiting for me with the paperwork ready.

There was some minor confusion over my draft financing check from my out of state credit union. But after a consulation with Jeff's finance manager, all was well.

Really a rather painless process and I would recommend the folks in lisle to anyone.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
rcho said:
Is this deal still on or is it over already?
No, it's not. See the first post in this thread for the answer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just picked up van

I purchased a Midnight Blue EX-L NAVI RES during the original $99 over invoice special last year. I went out of the country and just picked up the van this past Monday.

Everything went smoothly. I was in and out of the dealership within 30 min. 15 minutes going over the van and test drive and 15 min. signing the paperwork. Jeff was out of town when I picked it up, and I dealt with a salesman named John. In finance, I spoke with Brad. Both of them were very friendly and professional.

Best vehicle purchase I ever had. No tension and no pressure for accessories or warranties.

I will most likely deal with this dealership again in the future when I'm in the market for a new car, and I rate them A++.

All I need to do now is register it in TN. The county clerk wants the original title sent from the dealership. Wondering if anyone can help me out on how to get this done quickly?

Dan

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
DJVHP said:
All I need to do now is register it in TN. The county clerk wants the original title sent from the dealership. Wondering if anyone can help me out on how to get this done quickly?
Weren't you given a title when you purchased the van? Even if you financed you still should have received a title, although it would indicate a lien holder. If you didn't receive a title shouldn't you just ask the dealership to send it?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Title

The Honda Superstore mailed me the title after I got home in a timely fashion so I could register my Ody--

Congrats on the van--ours has been great

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: Just picked up van

DJVHP said:
I purchased a Midnight Blue EX-L NAVI RES during the original $99 over invoice special last year. I went out of the country and just picked up the van this past Monday.

Everything went smoothly. I was in and out of the dealership within 30 min. 15 minutes going over the van and test drive and 15 min. signing the paperwork. Jeff was out of town when I picked it up, and I dealt with a salesman named John. In finance, I spoke with Brad. Both of them were very friendly and professional.

Best vehicle purchase I ever had. No tension and no pressure for accessories or warranties.

I will most likely deal with this dealership again in the future when I'm in the market for a new car, and I rate them A++.

Dan
Hi Dan;
congrats with your great navy blue Oddy...
it id really a wonderful car, I like it so much...
what is the store named and how to contact them..?
are they selling used cars..?
have a great, safe and lovely drive with oddy..
bye
Hossam

201 - 217 of 217 Posts