Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have changed spark plugs, changed bad ingition coil pack, changed egr valve, cleaned manifold, and still the engine sounds like this....
Please listen:
YouTube - ‪99 Honda Odyssey Engine problems...‬‏

Thanks in advance for any advice you might have for me :)
It sounds like you're revving the living snot out of the poor engine, what for? About all I can hear from the video is the engine bouncing off the rev limiter, nothing else?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mine does that too, so you dont go over 4k rpm (in park) and blow your engine.

They should have put a governor on the tranny instead:DD

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It loses power at 70 mph... I am holding the accelerator down steady and it didn't used to do this so it is not normal...I am thinking the fuel injectors need professional cleaning...Thanks for all your help...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well, my engine (entirely different than yours, mind you) hates to go above 3,000RPM. It has a rev limiter set to 4,000k in park. Driving down the highway, it goes just above 2,000 RPM, it'll go 65mph before touching 2,000RPM.

What is your tachometer doing while you drive? Where does it sit at 70mph? Is the transmission going into each gear or no? If you can still take videos, you might want to take one while you drive. I don't see anything obviously wrong in the video you posted, so we'll need a little more info. Is there a check engine light? When was your last transmission servicing?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts